2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i would share some pictures of my Milano Red Type S

When I brought the car 4 months ago I said i wouldn't upgrade my car (like i have done ALL my others - ST170, Celica GT4 and Nissan 300ZX Fairlady) , but alas old habits die hard so I thought I would show you what wasn't going to do :)

In the 4 months Ive had it Ive done the following to it:

Full colour code - thanks to Mark @ P&B Car sprayers in St Helen's - great job and well worth £300 (also thanks to the guys on here who pointed me in the right direction - you know who you are)

got a Type S Spoiler form Daniel at cox, very nice indeed - really compliments the car and was quite an easy fit

got the black letters for the Type S logo - thanks to 'Gers' - makes a great difference

and finally i really didn't want to as i really like the Type S alloys which were in good nick with plenty of tread, but hey thanks to 'Fordmad' - I now have a set of Type R Alloys and now they are on the make a massive difference in my eyes.

now Im trying to be good as Im off to Florida in a few months with the family and ive my wedding in Mexixo next year to pay for as well so i might leave it alone...............for now...........but then again...........:)

To be honest I don't think i would have done as much to it if it hadn't been for this site and all I hear from the missus is 'are you on that site again' - if only she new what id spent out of the wedding fund.......whoops :)

let me know what you think

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
looks very nice the upgrades make a great difference not a lot more you need to change in my opinion, im interested in getting a type s spoiler how did you fit yours? did you have to drill any holes in the perspex?

·
車神
305 Posts
Great work dude, makes such a difference with the spoliler and colour coding....looks pretty much like mine. Sports grille and fog blanks will finish it off nicely I think :)

Reactions: apn

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, you will need someone to help you - quite awkward in the way to have to take the stickers off from the base of the spoiler and replace the support.
You just lift the boot, change the support and then hold the spoiler in place, peel back the adhesive tape and then it snaps in place, I got the original from cox as I new it would just fit, Ive used copies before and they never seem to sit right

in summary, dead easy, no holes or drilling, will take you about 15 mins to do

let me know how you get on

·
AKA - Vin Petrol
1,821 Posts
The guys you thanked were me and Stevey p uh uh. Looks good but u need a sport grill now.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Like what you've done, the color coding makes the car look so much better! Good luck with future mods, as you know you can't leave it alone, now can you ;)

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's like a bug, I will probably get a sports grill and maybe lower it next
Gety bonus in July looks like I know were some of it will be ending up :)

·
'Spoon' fed
445 Posts
Looks good mate, I was at this stage then just had to make it look like a type r!!:facepalm:

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
A cheap "mod" would be a CIVINFO sticker on the back!! It adds 2.5whp, honest!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
looks nice mate... easy and cheap mods are interior lights from JP, Footwells from Rik Honda cheap easy and effective...... maybe even tints..... Seat decals from Gers? but like said looks nice.

·
Registered
175 Posts
No, you will need someone to help you - quite awkward in the way to have to take the stickers off from the base of the spoiler and replace the support.
You just lift the boot, change the support and then hold the spoiler in place, peel back the adhesive tape and then it snaps in place, I got the original from cox as I new it would just fit, Ive used copies before and they never seem to sit right

in summary, dead easy, no holes or drilling, will take you about 15 mins to do

let me know how you get on
cheers for your reply and sorry to hijack your thread! what did u mean when you said replace the support? i take it it comes with instructions though? cox i take it must be the cheapest place to get an oem painted new spoiler? cheers once again :) sports grill will be a great mod for the front end...

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, you get a new arm (the one that holds the boot up when it's open)
it comes with instructions and is quite simple to follow, I'm sure you will be fine. Good look with it

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Updated pictures

Well, i'm still continuing to Upgrade my type S

I've now had it lowered 30mm with Eibach springs and had the 19" rages fitted

Thanks to both guys who i purchased the springs and wheels from, both off here - you know who you are :)

i was worried about the combination of dropping it 30mm and the rages but it drives fine

Car looks fantastic now

I'm gona try and leave it alone for a while as my missus has now sussed out that the majority of the funding is coming from our wedding fund

never a winner :)

let me know what you think

Attachments

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still undecided on the grill - i still like the original one

decisions, decisons!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts