2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
the nuts on the rear two wheel of my fn2 have gone rusty is this under warrenty :(

also have problems with :

heating going cold after 10mins or so.
clutch release bearing ..... again.
jerkyness when cold
boot not always shutting
battery goes flat very quickly.... is this under warenty?
windscreen creaks.

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Yes some members have had rusty wheel nuts replaced under warranty. :)

Your dealer will probably need to take some pictures and submit a warranty claim for you.

Some of the other faults are fairly common and should also be covered under warranty. You need to speak to your dealer.

·
Registered
136 Posts
the nuts on the rear two wheel of my fn2 have gone rusty is this under warrenty :(

also have problems with :

heating going cold after 10mins or so.
clutch release bearing ..... again.
jerkyness when cold
boot not always shutting
battery goes flat very quickly.... is this under warenty?
windscreen creaks.
As said above the wheel nuts will most likely be replaced under warranty.
Check your coolant level as this will affect your heating.
Haven't got an answer for the jerkyness or boot without looking at it but you may need your boot latch adjusted slightly as they do sometimes move slightly after a while.
If the car is an 08 plate then it will most likely need a new micu unit. If not ask the dealer to check for any software updates and get them to test the paracitic draw on the battery to see if anything is not shutting down properly (usually the bluetooth or sunroof)
The windscreens do creak when cold. Can't remember if or what the fix is off the top of my head but the dealer should know.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
275 Posts
the climate controll will blow cold air to stabalise the temperature in the cabin. if for example you select the highest temp possible the climate controll will heat the cabin as quickly as possible and then maintain it by adding cold air when too hot. you dont say what year civic you own so the battery drain may not be the micu unit. there are many known faults that can cause this and they vary according to car age, engine, spec etc. dealer will look into that for you.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no the temperature gets cold! not hot. if i put auto on say 23deg, will stablise for maybe 10-20mins then blow cold for the rest of the journey and it gets very cold. and if i take it off auto and put it on 25deg for example it will blow lovely and hot for a while then go cold again, when this happens i turn it up to 27 and it blows hot for a while then goes cold again!

stupid thing

1 - 7 of 7 Posts