2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody,

My first post here I'm overwhelmed with information I read already on this forum, thank you!

I'm waiting for my used Civic 2009 1.4 SE Black to be prepared by Honda Dealer, it's approved car as I have no too much knowledge about cars. Few bits made some concerns and I'm looking for a bit of advice as you know those cars upside down.

I've noticed 2 stone chips and small scratches, told the dealer and he fixed and polish my car now chips and scratches are gone. In one was a bit of rust I hope this won't come again.
Then one of the window opening console has been DIYed by previous owner with visible marks I've asked for fix and console has been glued and marks reduced. Finally when I was inspecting car the same doors got stuck locked. Dealer looked into it and ordered door handle and a latch. Waiting to be replaced now.
Dealer left choice for us to go with it or they will find another Civic for us. Every thing else is spotless as far as I can see. I followed New car checklist from wiki and some general advices while buying used car.

My question is those things are something which I should be worried about?
Would you go with this car or look for another one.

I will properly introduce myself when I got my Civic, can't wait btw!

Thanks a lot Ryszard

·
Premium Member
4,106 Posts
:D Welcome :D

Go with the car, looks like the dealer is willing to fix any issues you find

(Also remember, with an approved used Honda you have a 30 days - no quibble - returns policy)

Reactions: Ryszard

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Good advice from the guys, I too would go with the car,you seem to have got a good dealership in Hull.

Reactions: Ryszard

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
Good advice from the guys, I too would go with the car,you seem to have got a good dealership in Hull.
+1. Hull is a great dealership. Really helpful. I bought my new diesel from there and have had no problems with the car since buying it. I would give it a good going over and if there are any more problems get them to fix it. If you can't find any get it bought. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a lot, I will check roof and doors, looks like Honda in Hull doing good job.

Thanks again

Ryszard

·
more torque than the mrs
6,793 Posts
nothing to worry about not major issues,dealer seems to offer to sort everything you pointed out so you can't go wrong with that dealer, good luck with the motor.:VTECSMILEY:

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
check the door handles if they're lose. everything else has been said, good luck hope you enjoy your civic :)

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
As the others have said, it sounds like the dealership are happy to sort out those minor faults so I would go for it. :)

·
I'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
3,095 Posts
(Also remember, with an approved used Honda you have a 30 days - no quibble - returns policy)
^^summed up right there :)

If your not happy after the dealership has done the work, then just return it...
win win situation!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts