2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

My first car - My Black Type-R!

R-Red 
8K views 61 replies 34 participants last post by  spikedog 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I joined this forum a few months back after getting my very first car (Although I have had my license for a few years and been driving a motor bike since I was 17) and got some great help from people here.

I have been slowly personalising my car with the odd bit here and there, Rick's lighting kit, HEKO wind deflectors, rear window tints etc and hopefully tomorrow she will be going in for my first engine mod, Eiback springs, FRS and Hondata Flashpro. However I thought I would show you some pics of how she looked when I got her and after a quick wash:

Still to come I have:

* Full HID lighting
* Alloy touch up and re-spray
* Grill Badge and skirt stickers

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for the kind words Wire_Gal and rowbo, and yea it is definitely an awesome car however I should point out that while it is indeed my first car, I waited until I was 28 to buy a car because up till now I have always lived in big cities where I had no need for one!

If I had bought a car back when I was 17 I don't think I would have bought a Type-R, pretty sure I would have ended up killing myself. :p

#8 ·
Great car mate if i do say so myself.....:D great choice.

#15 ·
Fab looking motor, welcome......my first one was a W Reg 1.3 Talbot Sunbeam, now i've given away my age !

#19 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the kind words everyone, it is really cool hearing about everyone's first cars!

I just got back from TDI South where they did a FRS Stage 2 for me, including Eibach springs. So now the car is sitting about 15mm lower and handles like a dream :D

I will get some updated pictures done over the weekend.

#21 ·
Hey all,

Well since I took the pictures you see in the first post I have done lots of stuff to the car so here goes:

spikedog's FN2 update!

I guess the biggest thing I had done was I went to TDI south and had them put on Eibach springs which lowered the car by about 15mm, while there they also did a FRS which has improved the handling like you wouldn't believe. If anyone has a Type-R and hasn't had this done then you are mad, it is like a different car now.

I think it has a much more aggressive stance now as well.

I put on the front grill badge that I had sitting around for weeks:

I installed one of gers "Type-R" rear brake light cover which I think looks the dogs, but I have only seen it in the day thus far:

also one of Ricks battery straps:

and finally two little mods that between them give me an extra 20BHP:

(Yea I know the car is filthy, I will wash it soon)

#28 ·
Cheers, love the colour but as you say, hate it the day after washing because it looks dirty already. :(

I actually have the side stickers I just need to put them on next time I clean it.

I just got back from TDI where I had my Flashpro installed and mapped..... wow what a difference! I also found out that I had one of the best stock FN2's they had ever seen, putting out 190BHP at the hubs! (That is about 218BHP at the flywheel!) I will post graphs shortly.

#30 ·
I can highly recommended you head to one of the TDIs and get yourself a FRS at the very least, it makes the car handle like it should have done out of the factory. You won't believe the difference!

If you can afford it I would recommended a set of Eibach springs as well, they help the handling even further and with those two done you will have a different car!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.