2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just picked up my ex-demo almost-new Civic a couple of days ago. Everything's great, I'm lovin' it!.

Previous cars were Lexus, Mini, Jag and BMW so I was thinking that it might be a bit of a come down but I shouldn't have worried. The Civic designers have more used more imagination than all those put together.

So far my niggles are limited to the key, which doesn't fold away and the view out of the back but I'm sure I'll get used to that. My car has a camera but I think reversing beepers are most likely better.

I went for the "all in" audio pack with the speakers and the amplifier. It still doesn't seem amazingly loud. Can anyone who got the same audio upgrade tell me where the extra amplifier should be, so I can check they fitted it? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
12,492 Posts
Steve, hello!

The bassworks has not got good press here - I'm sure basegreen will be here in a flash to comment! The amp is under the HU buried in the dash, so it's not easy to see let alone adjust.

As soon as some speaker adapters are available I'll be bunging in some aftermarket items - this should improve the situation somewhat. I'm suprised you're not getting on with the camera - I love it! Never had a car so straightforward to reverse (if you see what I mean...)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi

thanks for the reply. Sorry for being dumb but what's the "HU"? - oh I get it - head unit. doh. I'm just being cynical and making sure I actually got it. When I was haggling the deal I got loads of options quite cheap so I want to be sure I got what I haggled.

The camera works great, I think I just need to learn how close you are compared to what view it shows. beeping is so easy!

All in all, I love the car, especially compared to my old 320d which I was glad to see the back of.

One extra I got was the matal kick plates but the dealer left them off by accident. I can either get 100 quid off or they will order & fit them. Does anyone have the kick plates and are they good?

thanks again

·
Banned
1,712 Posts
Hi Steve,
yes, I have the kick plates Protects the paintwork from clumsy feet. (mine sometimes)!!.

·
Premium Member
3,004 Posts
The bassworks amp is inside the dash. Which is ludicrous since it has user settable controls (gain and crossover).

It's not very good, no. It's a lot better than the standard speaker set up, though.

Mine's sounding a lot better having bedded in a bit. Not getting the nasty sub "pop" any more.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Right, kickplates now arrived and fitted. They seem pretty cool, I'm glad I got them.

I'm pretty happy with the stereo now, like basegreen said, it seems to "settle down" after a while.

I've racked up 1,000 miles in the first week. So far so good. Did a 250 mile motorway run today and got 48 mpg. Only 70 - 75 mph. That's what my last couple of diesel cars did (an Xtype and a 320d).

What I really need is more blue lights. The one decent feature the BMW had was little white LEDs on the outside door handles.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts