2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys and Gals,

Its been a lovely day my wife was at a dog show:facepalm:. Did all my jobs yesterday so i had a free pass! I broke my finger 4days before i collected my car so not really driven it in 2 weeks :(. Anyway new that the traffic cops would be chasing the bikers up near Cadwell where I live so with a bit of careful planning i could avoid the main roads. My finger is getting better and now its no longer in a splint i can drive :p.

Anyway the point I'm trying to make is what a car it is, the engine is a real minter, reminds me of my motorbike days lots of revvvvvvs and a blurred scene. I was a bit dubious first of the road holding but starting slowly and getting quicker I ended up with lots of feeling and could tel how much was left. I know I've already said but the HKS RSK makes all the difference to the noise and its worth every penny even though there is no power gains. I was looking at getting a new head unit or getting an iPhone adapter for the radio but it would detract from the car. As the car is a toy I'm still looking to improve the handling without spending lots of money, we need a new roof so ts kinda important I guess. Here's to more thrashing days, and a trip up the road to Cadwell, done it on a bike now its the cars turn.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
you can't be a days pass in the R, sometimes I have the afternoon off work and waste half a tank around Derbyshire. ;)

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can't be a days pass in the R, sometimes I have the afternoon off work and waste half a tank around Derbyshire. ;)
I remember being able to have afternoons off those were the days :D

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
Glad you enjoyed the car a cheap mod for handling would be eibach springs with a good fast road setup! Makes a world of difference! Also uprating the brakes to. You could then start thinking about flashpro to get the power out of that intake :D

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad you enjoyed the car a cheap mod for handling would be eibach springs with a good fast road setup! Makes a world of difference! Also uprating the brakes to. You could then start thinking about flashpro to get the power out of that intake :D
I did think that the brakes didn't have much initial bite, it would be nice to have a bit more left over just incase. I know proper reading of the road and proper planning you shouldn't need them but I can get a bit over excited. Does the FRS make a lot of difference on its own, not sure I want to lower the car the roads round here are quite bumpy

·
Registered
3,543 Posts
I don't know just about having the frs done on it's own but the springs dint go that much lower tbh and stop the car from
Feeling crashy...

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't know just about having the frs done on it's own but the springs dint go that much lower tbh and stop the car from
Feeling crashy...
Thanks mate I'll have a look and think about it. The vtech is very addictive and I'm glad it's only a toy I'd cry if I had to use it every day averaged 20mpg but it's worth every drop

1 - 8 of 8 Posts