2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, this is my FN2R as it sits now.
The wheels are 18 x 8.5 +33 (if I remember correctly). They are Rota fighters.
I have ordered a copy of a Mugen rear bar for it which will be fitted in the next week or 2 I'd say if all goes well. Then it'll be getting its exhaust made up.
Coilovers should be going in around the end of July to lower it a bit and get it a little stiffer.

I will upload a couple of more photos and better quality once the new bumper is on. :)
also if anyone knows where I can find the lip thing that goes over the spoiler, please PM me. Thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
any better pics showing the wheels?..

probably the best I have right now but that was before the rear got some black added to it. The fronts sit flush with the guards and rear sits about 5-8mm under, I think I'll buy some spacers for it soon.

In other news, the new rear bar should arrive tomorrow and hopefully be fitted by next week. It'll also be getting the roof wrapped matte black so that'll help make it look lower once it is actually lowered. haha

any good suggestions on coilover brands for these and whats the best spring rate etc (I'm pretty clueless about spring rates, I get the higher it is, the harder it is. but what is a "high" spring rate?) to go with? I want to spend around $1,200 AU give or take a bit I guess. I've been looking into the BC racing ones mostly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

the bumper has arrived, going in to be painted and fitted tomorrow. Hopefully be ready by the weekend!

looking for a set of window deflectors at the moment, most seem to be in the UK.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
FN2 and type R. We like to shorten everything in Australia. Haha
The new bumper will be a week ish. The flares around the wheels need to be cut a bit to fit so I'm looking for a second set, can anyone direct me? I tried eBay etc

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fn2 IS the type R. FN2 is the model number for it :p Just so you can shorten it a bit more, mate ;)

Thought it may have been the model number for the RR or something.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

My bad then, they're pretty rare over here so most people don't even know what it is to start with :razz:. So hard to get parts for it in Australia, everything's in the UK.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so I got the new rear all fitted up and the exhaust done. :)

I took the little green dude (Gronk) off between these photos a day apart cause he was about to fall off.

just a better view of the tips.
I need to buy new mudflaps now as the other bumper ones don't fit very well..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is that a genuine rear mugen bumper? Looks nice mate!

Does the exhaust knock on my exhaust tip?
nah not genuine, pretty hard to get them in Australia for a reasonable price.

and yeah the exhaust does knock at the moment, going to put some rubber O-rings around the exhaust to see if it helps, if not I will cut the bumper a bit I guess..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
where did you get that rear bumper from mate as it looks like the genuine thing,
liking your mods so far.

a place in Melbourne, Australia I think it was. motorkitz I think is their official website thing.

Currently getting into making my own carbon fiber things, working on a roof spoiler/vortex style thing at the moment then will try out a rear diffuser.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts