2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Heavy Footed!
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After spending nearly £17k on a new 59 plate CTR GT, and now getting raped for the insurance!!!

Im 23, got 3 years NCB (held license for same time), 3 points (TS20, failing to comply with double white lines) and im getting taken for a ride!!!

Been getting quotes as high as high as £1900 and just accepted the cheapest at £850....

AND IVE NOT EVEN PICKED IT UP YET!!!!

I know relationships are bumpy, i just hope this isnt the calm before the storm :confused:

·
Registered
79 Posts
£850 for a CTR isn't that bad! The CTR is group 17 isn't it? Quite often you have to be 25+ to go over group 15 without being utterly destroyed by the premiums.

Wait till you get to the pumps!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I don't mean to be rude, but didn't you expect that? I'm 21 with 4yrs no claims and cheapest quote I got (by a fair distance) was 1300 a year... I'd be happy to be paying 850 in 2 years!!!

·
Heavy Footed!
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ture, im glad its not over a grand for insurance, and yea i did expect it... Just now seeing it all on paper, its just scary!

Im sure after 1000 miles, the engine is worn in, ill be enjoying the iVtec all the way to the pumps!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
£850 is pretty good IMHO.

My insurance on the same car is £190 but I've had a blemish free licence for 24 years ;)

I'm tempting fate though. Drove my new CTR over 300 miles from dealership to home yesterday. Hope there's nothing coming in the post :rolleyes:

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
2yr no claims, 23... £1,700.. stop whining :)

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
Ture, im glad its not over a grand for insurance, and yea i did expect it... Just now seeing it all on paper, its just scary!

Im sure after 1000 miles, the engine is worn in, ill be enjoying the iVtec all the way to the pumps!!!
I almost feel guilty only paying £330 fully comp..... almost ;)

Bet you 20 quid you don't make it beyond 100 miles let alone 1000 before you hit the vtec :D:popcorn:

·
Wheel Man
169 Posts
I thought £850 for that age and points etc. was quite good too.

I'm 30 and I pay £450 odd which I thought was cheap.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Thats cheap!
Im 24, only a Type S, 1yr no claims, and its costing me 1400!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm 22 and have 1 years no claims, paid 820 to insure my new 59 CTR. Paid 1080 the year before for a 55 CTR with 0 no claims.

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
My 7 day free Honda insurance runs out on Thurs, and I've just got fully comp with AVIVA for £273.... i'm gobsmacked how cheap

Thats me 42, wife 38, full NCD, 1 no fault claim in last 3 years and a £250 XS... :)

·
OCD Detailer
297 Posts
After spending nearly £17k on a new 59 plate CTR GT, and now getting raped for the insurance!!!

Im 23, got 3 years NCB (held license for same time), 3 points (TS20, failing to comply with double white lines) and im getting taken for a ride!!!

Been getting quotes as high as high as £1900 and just accepted the cheapest at £850....

AND IVE NOT EVEN PICKED IT UP YET!!!!

I know relationships are bumpy, i just hope this isnt the calm before the storm :confused:

Could be worse mate, you could be getting totally raped like we do in N.I. [smilie=mad.gif]

·
Banned
952 Posts
just renewed my insurance. my old insurance company wanted £543 got it cheaper £360 m&s broker insurance company is noriwch union.4 years no claims i am 46 its the only good thing you get with old age:) insurance companies have good cause for high premiums with young drivers they do cause more accidents than other age groups OVERALL THAT IS

·
Registered
383 Posts
Im 22 with NO Claims bonus, On my parents policy £1100 my mum has put her 9 years no claims bonus on the line. When i was 18 i payed £4400 Named driver again to Adrian Flux for a Type R.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Im 22 with NO Claims bonus, On my parents policy £1100 my mum has put her 9 years no claims bonus on the line. When i was 18 i payed £4400 Named driver again to Adrian Flux for a Type R.
Make sure you're not fronting, otherwise things could get very bad. Not saying you are, just a friendly warning in case you're the named driver (not your mum) and your the primary user of the car.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts