2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after finding out that another group buy wouldn't be going ahead for the GP kit, I got a message from RickyD advising me to phone Holdcroft Honda since they would give prices over the phone with the best offer they could do. I promptly phoned them and managed to secure the front and Rear GP kit in NHB.

While I was at it I thought I'd save a few more quid and order a replacement front bumper, as my current one has quite a few stone chips. They bundled this with the kit and it arrived today well packaged.

It was cheaper for me to buy a replacement bumper already painted rather than opting to get mine resprayed. Getting it fitted tomorrow afternoon after I go and pick up some legal pressed plates from Dubmesiter :)

Here's a few pictures for now. Will update once fitted...

Reactions: Ricky D

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Good times indeed :). was surprised that my local bodyshop had space tomorrow afternoon, so I'm counting myself lucky.

And yeah, I'll definitley be taking some pics afterwards. Can't wait to see it in the flesh after looking at numerous photos on here

·
"Polishing Maestro"
1,215 Posts
Good times indeed :). was surprised that my local bodyshop had space tomorrow afternoon, so I'm counting myself lucky.

And yeah, I'll definitley be taking some pics afterwards. Can't wait to see it in the flesh after looking at numerous photos on here
It will look great, can't help think you could save a fair few £'s doing it yourself. It is literally about 6 screws, 16 clips and a bit of popping out of the plastic. Will take 2 hours max :)

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would Ginge, but the lack of a driveway and having to park it on the road is a bit of a pain.

Im happy to get someone else to do it, but know I would get a lot more satisfaction from fitting myself.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
It will look great, can't help think you could save a fair few £'s doing it yourself. It is literally about 6 screws, 16 clips and a bit of popping out of the plastic. Will take 2 hours max :)
I would also say try it yourself. I had no idea how I was going to do mine but its really easy.

·
Space Ranger
970 Posts
I am well made for ya Mainline. When mine came i couldnt wait, i kept getting it out of the box. seeing it in person on the car will blow you away, your going to love it and your car will look the nuts. cant wait to see this on

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am well made for ya Mainline. When mine came i couldnt wait, i kept getting it out of the box. seeing it in person on the car will blow you away, your going to love it and your car will look the nuts. cant wait to see this on
all thanks to you mate, and yeah Im the same. Keep popping my head round the door to have a look.

Not long to wait now before its on. It's just a pity that the GP kit doesn't stand out that much on a NHB as it does on other colours.

·
Space Ranger
970 Posts
all thanks to you mate, and yeah Im the same. Keep popping my head round the door to have a look.

Not long to wait now before its on. It's just a pity that the GP kit doesn't stand out that much on a NHB as it does on other colours.
Pleasure mate I am glad i could help.

it will look great on your car mate it will make your car look well stealthy

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How much is your local body shop charging, btw ?
I rang round a few, including honda (just to check lol)

Honda: £250! (they can sod off)
An independant bodyshop: £128 -£160 dependent on time
A reputable bodyshop: £100+ Vat

Like i said before, Without a driveway and cars coming down the road, its hard enough to just jack the car up. But having come from a home with a drive, i can say that i did most work on my previous car on there which included changing a front bumper. Hate the fact that I haven't got the space to do this myself, as obliviously t would save me cash to go on other mods :)

·
Space Ranger
970 Posts

Like i said before, Without a driveway and cars coming down the road, its hard enough to just jack the car up. But having come from a home with a drive, i can say that i did most work on my previous car on there which included changing a front bumper. Hate the fact that I haven't got the space to do this myself, as obliviously t would save me cash to go on other mods :)
I was the same if I had a drive I would give it ago but I dont so I wasnt going to chance it. Shocked at honda tho. Thats where mine was fitted and I paid £160 for the hour and a half labour. It took slighty longer but they said that because I was quoted a time they wouldnt change me over that.

I know thats alot of money but I was happy for them to do it

·
Stage 3 Hybrid
6,223 Posts

tbh mate, that ain't a bad price, especially if they're doing the bumper as well. Took me 1-2 hours for each end, but then I wasn't rushing, and plenty of tea breaks ! Rear's a lot easier than the front.

Post some pics when it's done, please !

And just to whet your appetite;

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Cheers messiahontrial, Looks great, definitely looking forward to seeing this on mine :)

Picked up my pressed plates this morning, ready to be fixed to the new bumper.
They look much better and are 100% legal.

Blocked out some of the letters, but here's what they look like...

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well turns out that the wheel arches were bonded on, so have had to order 3 new ones!

That's added another £200 on top of what I've already paid.

One of the previous owners must have done this and bogged it! Pretty livid to be honest. And now I'm wondering why they took the arches off in the first place (I know there a quite a few legit reasons).

On the up side, the arch liners are gona be here tomorrow from Honda, and I will have the car all fixed and fitted for pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

·
"Polishing Maestro"
1,215 Posts
That sucks mate, I did my rear and the clips snapped off in the holes. I had to bond and fibre glass them back on lol. Lucky really or I would have had to buy a new one.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Nice one mate, you managed to dodge a bill.

I forgot to mention I have to buy quite a few new clips and for a bit of plastic, we know they aren't cheap either.

Mmmmm.....this has all got to be worth it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 55 Posts