2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I arrived here at work 20 minutes ago, and in the parking place i took my corner to park slow, though too short - resulting in my side to scratch over a yellow wall :(.

http://i55.tinypic.com/11vmkn7.jpg

How much do you guys think this will cost to fix? Is this just a paintjob it'll need or?

Greets

·
everythings upsy daisy.
1,442 Posts
O man I am gutted for you!!! is it only the replacemant trim that has been damaged??:(

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From that spot, yes. I thought i was going to "make it", but the problem is that I didn't know that that wheel base stuck out a tad bit more than my windows, causing me not to notice i was going to scratch it. I also got a little scratch on my wingmirror, though that damage is minimal, I was able to get it off with some water and cloth though I'll probably give that a very little paintjob (it's only like 1cm²)

higham; how much does that trim part cost and where can i get it?

·
This may be spam
1,504 Posts
I reckon you can get that done for ~70 quid if you went to a painter. I am not sure of the price if you bought a new arch.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
Ouch, I hate it when this happens. As the others say you may have got lucky as it appears it's just the moulding.

Done this myself a couple of times, the last being in the underground car park at the Holiday Inn in Hasselt. The car was a Golf 1.6 hire car and misjudged the distance to one of the pillars. Scraped the front bumper - horrible sound.:facepalm:

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Which number is it that I need then? It's so confusing!

And bear in mind I have a Type-S, does it matter?

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
Which number is it that I need then? It's so confusing!

And bear in mind I have a Type-S, does it matter?
What side is it and am correct to assume the rear?

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What side is it and am correct to assume the rear?
It's this page for my car, I entered my chassisnumber: 2009 HONDA CIVIC 1.8 TYPE S MOLDING/SIDE SILL GARNISH - Honda Original Parts from Lings Honda v1.01

It's the right wheel arch on the rear that is damaged.

So it must be one of these;

R. RR. WHEEL ARCH *NH737M*£78.26(€86.09)($125.22)
R. RR. WHEEL ARCH *NH731P*£77.15(€84.87)($123.44)
R. RR. WHEEL ARCH *B548P*£78.26(€86.09)($125.22)
R. RR. WHEEL ARCH *YR563M*£78.23(€86.05)($125.17)
R. RR. WHEEL ARCH *YR571P*£78.26(€86.09)($125.22)
R. RR. WHEEL ARCH *R81*£77.15(€84.87)($123.44)
R. RR. WHEEL ARCH *NH700M*£78.26(€86.09)($125.22)

But which one :/ ?

Thank you very much already! I'm so happy that I'm not going to have to do big costs..

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
It's this page for my car, I entered my chassisnumber: 2009 HONDA CIVIC 1.8 TYPE S MOLDING/SIDE SILL GARNISH - Honda Original Parts from Lings Honda v1.01

It's the right wheel arch on the rear that is damaged.

So it must be one of these;

R. RR. WHEEL ARCH *NH737M*£78.26(€86.09)($125.22)
R. RR. WHEEL ARCH *NH731P*£77.15(€84.87)($123.44)
R. RR. WHEEL ARCH *B548P*£78.26(€86.09)($125.22)
R. RR. WHEEL ARCH *YR563M*£78.23(€86.05)($125.17)
R. RR. WHEEL ARCH *YR571P*£78.26(€86.09)($125.22)
R. RR. WHEEL ARCH *R81*£77.15(€84.87)($123.44)
R. RR. WHEEL ARCH *NH700M*£78.26(€86.09)($125.22)

But which one :/ ?

Thank you very much already! I'm so happy that I'm not going to have to do big costs..
They are different colours, the one you need is the one with the correct colour code. What colour is your Civic.

Yeah your lucky its only the trim nice and easy/cheap to fix.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It's crystal black. I already figured out it has to do with the colour codes, though I noticed that my colour isn't in it?

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
It's crystal black. I already figured out it has to do with the colour codes, though I noticed that my colour isn't in it?
Not heard of that colour.

Colour codes attached, the list isnt a full list.

Your best bet is ringing Lings to order.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Feel for you dude its so frustrating when something like that happens.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Not heard of that colour.

Colour codes attached, the list isnt a full list.

Your best bet is ringing Lings to order.
I searched for NH731P and came to this; 2008 Honda Accord Touch Up Paint Colors

It says "Crystal Black Pearl", so I'm assuming this is the right thing. I already sent lings a mail asking how to order.

Feel for you dude its so frustrating when something like that happens.
Yea, tell me about it. Actually the moment you scratch it doesn't hurt the most, it's the 10 seconds afterwards when you need to drive back and you know it's going to scratch again in advance which killed me :(. All in all i'm happy I don't need to go through the mess of getting a paintjob done & I only need to replace the trim myself.

EDIT: OMG 48.95 GBP for shipping to Belgium :(

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
I searched for NH731P and came to this; 2008 Honda Accord Touch Up Paint Colors

It says "Crystal Black Pearl", so I'm assuming this is the right thing. I already sent lings a mail asking how to order.

Yea, tell me about it. Actually the moment you scratch it doesn't hurt the most, it's the 10 seconds afterwards when you need to drive back and you know it's going to scratch again in advance which killed me :(. All in all i'm happy I don't need to go through the mess of getting a paintjob done & I only need to replace the trim myself.

EDIT: OMG 48.95 GBP for shipping to Belgium :(
Cant you just order the part number from a Honda dealer in Belgium?

·
Premium Member
6,644 Posts
I'll send my honda dealer a mail.

Hey ash_rage, thank you sooooo much :). Buttsecks.
I think some of the parts are actually stored in Belgium, FD2 manifold covers certainly are.

No problem mate. Also check all the clips are ok on the trim when you remove it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts