2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

181 - 199 of 199 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Also sends false readings.. States that my brake fluid level was low. Honda kindly gave me a litre of brake fluid to top up, checked it and it was a smidge under the high mark..

Think it has a mind of it's own...
That's a benefit in my mind

Sent from my Swift 2 X using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Also sends false readings.. States that my brake fluid level was low. Honda kindly gave me a litre of brake fluid to top up, checked it and it was a smidge under the high mark..

Think it has a mind of it's own...
That does sound more like a win to me.

I wonder if the brake fluid throws a regular OBD readable error code, or if they've added some proprietary special sauce to give it access to the diagnostic information.

Surprised that they gave you fluid, rather than making you go through the rigmarole of going into the dealership for the work - Probably different out of warranty? :laugh:

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
My 10G is having her first service tomorrow and they are going to replace my dongle as a solution to the issues I've been having with it - mentioned in my earlier posts.

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
Piece of pi55 to transfer to my new phone.

·
Administrator
20,951 Posts
Gotcha ...

If I pull the car out of the garage and onto the driveway it detects a route starting.

When I've done in the garage and reverse it back a few hours later it fails to detect it's parked so I get warnings that the engine is stopped and it's moving (no it isn't) so it assumes it's on a transporter.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I changed my Civic recently and the Dealer agreed to transfer the MyHonda dongle registration to the new vehicle - but in the event could not do it at handover - required a physical form to be correctly filled out and signed by Dealership and sent back to Honda.

It has taken two weeks and much argument with the Honda Contact Centre (located in Sofia, Bulgaria) but the system is now showing the correct details for the vehicle and the location is relatively close by (within 100m).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I have a new 68 Plate SR, but the My Honda Dongle was installed.

However, the My Honda App on my phone displays the following message when I go into the My Car | Diagnostics screen:

"Device diagnostics has never been conducted."

Also, noticed that next to the Battery label, it just displays the text "Battery". Shouldn't this show the state of my battery or something more meaningful? (i.e. "Good", "OK", or "Bad", or even the voltage of the battery, e.g. "14.1v"). The battery isn't flat, and so should be more than happy to be checked.

All the other icons just display a green symbol/icon and a tick.

If anyone can give me any help on what this is doing?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Ditto the above; you may be able to power cycle the unit by disconnecting it from the obd2 port for a while (may have battery /holdup capacitor?) and then reconnecting, but first port of call would be the dealer.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

·
Old boy racer
4 Posts
After reading these comments I don't think i will be having it fitted, to my 2018 SR, after all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Recently picked up a used Civic just under 12 months old, it has a dongle already installed. I've unplugged it and reconnected a few times, red light is solid and it has a blinking amber led.

Called Honda customer service, was told to speak with dealer. Called the dealer and spoke to parts dept, they more or less said its a hit and miss with the setup. They ask me to book the car in, trying to avoid this if possible.

I downloaded the app, followed the instructions, entered the VIN no. All i get is "Non-connected". Does the dealer need to do something with this for it to work?

thx

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
The app no longer loads on my phone, I sent an email into the app support and the reply was they are having issues and it would be at least until the end of the year for a fix. Pleased I never paid for it imho it's just a gimmick and certainly not worth paying for.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Strange. I just tried mine and it's OK. (Android phone) Shows me parked at home and shows the trip that I did earlier today.
I do agree about the gimmick and not worth paying for though.

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Definitely won't load, phone settings have not changed but to be honest I ain't that techy so it could be the phone, I'm also on Android

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
They tried to install mine 3 years ago and it failed for 'technical reasons'. After reading here there is a subscription after 3 years I never bothered getting it sorted again.

181 - 199 of 199 Posts