2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well have been looking already but its now going to have to step up as I don't have a car anymore ;)

My transport to and from work until I find one will be 2 wheels, in the shape of my Suzuki SV

Been to see a few but the ones I do see that are mint, something with the paperwork is off.

I saw one at a local garage, only 29,000 miles and stated FSH so went to have a look at it. The car was mint, couple of stone chips at most and the interior was just in as excellent condition.

However when I went into the office to have a look at the paper work I noticed the discrepincy with the stamps in the book, it was registered September 08 so should of been serviced at the 12 month mark in Sept 09, however it was not done until July 2010 and then twice last year, one at Jan 11 and then November 11 by the current garage that is selling it.

I missed out on an immaculate Black one with 22k on it for £8,500 on an 08 plate as well, totally gutted with this one as it was perfect, and a member had previously owned it also.

So keep your eyes peeled, been through the for sale here and asked some questions with a few. Seriously considering one that is on at the moment but it is quite away for me but could be worth the effort.

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for the link, decent price and it looks a decent motor but after a silver ideally or a black one with less than 50k but preferably around 30k below or just above.

Good buy for someone though that

·
Premium Member
2,157 Posts
I paid £9200 for 2008 NHB Type R GT with Nav and HFT and 19' Rages 31k full main dealer service history (same dealer) 12months MOT 6months Tax

there are loads of FN2's about so get one with all the toys!

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Been reading your adventures over on CTRO, all I can advise is there are plenty of decent FN2's to take your pick from. I'd wait for the right one, it definitely show up.

And mileage should never be a factor if the car is a minter.

Good luck :)

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,699 Posts
Have been working away this week so not had chance to get any photos in daylight!
Don't explain to me bud! :lol:

Forget the photos, what I meant was that you linked your for sale thread on here yesterday. I was merely pointing out that the OP already knows about it as he posted on your for sale thread on the 23rd. I only mentioned the photos because that is what he asked about. ;)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Don't explain to me bud! :lol:

Forget the photos, what I meant was that you linked your for sale thread on here yesterday. I was merely pointing out that the OP already knows about it as he posted on your for sale thread on the 23rd. I only mentioned the photos because that is what he asked about. ;)
Thats cool. I replied to his message but havn't heard anymore so just giving a bit of gentle persuasion :D pictures will be up tomorrow weather permitting! Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah I was waiting on some more pics really, before I expressed interest any further.

I will keep an eye on the thread for the additions if you get chance.

Going to have another look at one local tomorrow on a very late 58 plate up for the 9k mark with 37k and had a recent service and MOT, so at least 12 months without the worry of getting that sorted out.

Well typical first day using the bike, currently pissing it down :lol: just hope it stops at 5

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sorry about that.

Just about the busiest week of the year for us as i'm involved in tax returns etc.

Hopefully the weather will be Ok tomorrow so i'll give it a wash etc.

Good luck with the other one your looking at.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will say the one you showed interest in on here in Cornwall does look like its well worth a view but I also know its a long way to go if the car does not look as good as the pictures
Yeah the one in Exeter?

I have to say I keep looking and looking at it, even have the pics saved on my phone :lol:

It looks good without actually doing anything to it, just depends on what he would do it for really. I know it has extras but I don't want to stretch too far, originally I was looking at EP3's then upped the budget with the one that got away, now looking around the £9k.

Maybe save £250 somewhere as well for that you mentioned to me about ;) :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:( still looking

Went to look at the one I saw in the dark last week and was a bit disappointed really, looked a lot better in the low light.

Having checked it over, the front two wheels are really badly kerbed, both wings have stone chips and so did the bonnet, plus some marks on the lower splitter, fair few marks on both sides, door edges have been caught on both doors, couple of chips on the edge of the boot opening, interior was quite dirty too and a couple of stains on the seat. The worst part for me was the passenger side door car, I noticed a scratch last week in the dark but it is quite deep and possibly cracked, also one I didn't spot further up, a tear like mark that was very noticeable and would need a replacement door card finding if I was to have that. For what he is asking then I feel it is too much, he said he would negotiate but having the wheels sorted and finding another door card is a couple of hundred quid already. On the plus side he was going to tax it as it runs out end of this month, just been serviced and fully MOT'd.

Then another revisit to one again I saw earlier in the week, this was in excellent condition, usual gear gaitor problem which is surprising considering its only done 29,000 but apart from that the interior is superb apart from the usual getting in and out marks on the doors by the speakers. A couple of stone chips on the bonnet only, wings are clear, small mark on the drivers side door edge, slight marks but nothing major. I did however notice that the drivers side fog light was damaged but this would be sorted, she was horrified herself when she saw it herself, also a chip on the windscreen. What put me off this car originally was the first service stamp was missing, the next one at just over 20,000 was done in July 2010, then in January 2011 it was serviced by the Honda garage where the new owner must of purchased it from with 22,000 something, around 1,300 miles in that period, then the garage that are selling it serviced it in November 2011 on 27,600 odd which is when they must of got it to sell, so they have had it a couple of months without selling it. It was a company that first purchased it HFE so I would of thought that it would of been serviced, perhaps it was but never got it stamped. MOT was Sept and around 4/5 months tax remaining.

They will not budge on the price though even though officially its not FSH, and they have had it since November and not sold it, also it appears the mats have been removed so I would have to purchase a set of those too.

So still on the look out

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok guys, some thoughts...

I have been to see one I saw last week again as it wasn't clean but did look okay, it has the Built in Sat Nav and HFT which I like as I would get the camera fitted at the back.

Its on 49,000 though but has FSH, 3 with Honda and the last one with Arnold Clark as that is where the guy that currently owns it used to work. The car is in excellent condition apart from the bonnet which has a few stone chips, the door edge has been caught and recently someone has dented the wing very slightly, this is an easy fix for a dent remover though.

Its on for £8k but last week he would not budge, this week however after some persuasion he would take £7,800.

I am tempted as it is in good condition then would get the GP kit as well.

What are you guys thoughts on price, its the mileage for me as although it has been serviced other bits start to go? but I guess its only done average mileage in that sense as its on a 57 reg but 1st registered on 17th Jan 2008

·
Living the dream!
8,539 Posts
if you really want it go back with £7500 cash and show him the money, my bet if he still has the car he will take it. If the car is a GT then I think the price is right for a private buy and at 49k it is just about run in so not to much to worry about + one with 25k on the clock will cost around 1k more so is it worth the extra? The £500 you knocked him down pays for the repairs and a few extras so its win win if your happy with the car.

·
Premium Member
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I offered £7,600 but he rejected, he works as a sales guy at a local Peugeot dealer. He didn't even want to negotiate.

He was like well I want £8k take it or leave it, so I replied "well you put £8000 ovno on the advertisement" lol

He went a bit quiet and then said I did, but £7,600 is not nearest offer. Then he replied back with £7,800

1 - 20 of 30 Posts