2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
アレックス
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I started thinking of it, my aim was to install a few products in order to improve the sound quality. But in the end, I came up with something like "high end" quality...

Here's the hardware :

2Din source, Bluetooth and TV tuner...

Attachments

·
アレックス
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Front speakers...

Attachments

·
アレックス
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Special cables & interconnects...

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
That's a pretty good Ice project.
I have had the pleasure of fitting over 40 of the IVA-W505R Head Units, for a niche car company. We use pretty standard speakers, but get very good results from the sound output.
Keep us updated with the progress of the install, pictures would also be nice! :)

·
アレックス
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's a pretty good Ice project.
I have had the pleasure of fitting over 40 of the IVA-W505R Head Units, for a niche car company. We use pretty standard speakers, but get very good results from the sound output.
Keep us updated with the progress of the install, pictures would also be nice! :)
Thanks!! I think W505R has one of the best screens I have ever seen! Of course I will post photos from the installation process and from other interesting things..

·
Registered
26 Posts
One or two suggestions for the unit, when you have connected the rear view camera to the unit try the settings in the menu for the camera. We have found that certain cameras prefer NTCS and some PAL, with some resulting in very bad flicker if the wrong setting is chosen.
When connecting the two harness's that came with the unit for the camera input and the subwoofer input, give them a little tug to check they are fully home. They are easily pulled out when fitting the unit to the car.
Good luck with the install!

·
A. Senna
8,050 Posts
Well done!!
Can't wait for photos!
Have you done anything for the amp cover (lightening etc)??

Reactions: alexps

·
アレックス
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One or two suggestions for the unit, when you have connected the rear view camera to the unit try the settings in the menu for the camera. We have found that certain cameras prefer NTCS and some PAL, with some resulting in very bad flicker if the wrong setting is chosen.
When connecting the two harness's that came with the unit for the camera input and the subwoofer input, give them a little tug to check they are fully home. They are easily pulled out when fitting the unit to the car.
Good luck with the install!
Thank you very very much for the usefull advices!!! I will do what you have said!! I hope everything will go right!!! What I have to do in order to secure the rca? Is there any trick?

·
アレックス
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well done!!
Can't wait for photos!
Have you done anything for the amp cover (lightening etc)??
Yes!! I will do something with the plexiglass that you have manufactured for me!!! I will post photo soon!! I have it in the car by now, and I am a little bit lazy to shot it!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Glad to be of help!
Only thing to do with the RCA's, is make sure the little clip on the white connectors is secure. I have on several occasions removed units because of sound loss, only to find the RCA leads have been pulled loose when fitting.
Are you looking to use a Ipod with the unit?

·
アレックス
11,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad to be of help!
Only thing to do with the RCA's, is make sure the little clip on the white connectors is secure. I have on several occasions removed units because of sound loss, only to find the RCA leads have been pulled loose when fitting.
Are you looking to use a Ipod with the unit?
Thanks again!!!
Yes I will use an ipod in order to play videos! I have seen that I have to use both included cables for this!
Also, as far as I know, W505R cannot play videos from the usb port, but only music, photos etc! I asked Alpine what can I do, and they told me that they will launch a new accessory device which will be conected to the W505R and will give the possibility to run videos directly from any usb memory stick. Do you know something for this?

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts
Great photos Alex!
We must speed up things about installation!

Reactions: alexps

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Thats gonna be nasty onthe ears, enjoy the deafness. lol

1 - 20 of 65 Posts