2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My first post :p

I have been looking around in here for a couple of years :popcorn: and now it's time for a little contribution.

This is my DIY iPhone 5 mount connected to an xcarlink in the armrest.

It's just a piece of flat metal bracket. Rounded the corners with an angle grinder and painted it black with spray paint. The dock is mounted with 3M double sided tape to the metal and pushed in between the plastic trim. The wires in the back of the dock is hidden within a piece of bike tube for aesthetics.

It's no problem reaching behind the phone to adjust the aircon.

As the iPhone have 3 microphones for noise cancellation people can hear me clear as day, just by using the build in microphone (much better than the xcarlink bluetooth module!!). People say, that they can't hear the difference between talking directly into the phone or using the dock. And the audio goes through the speakers (on iOS 7, not iOS 6). No echo on the other end whatsoever.

I'm really pleased as it looks stock and matches the colors :D

It's also possible to place it in front of the start button for you guys with a RHD (easier to type with the right hand ;) )

The dock: Cradle with Audio Port for iPhone 5

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not that hard... Just stick the pieces together ;)
The paint and rounding of the corners is optional :)

To bad i can't take a picture with the phone in place... But it's my only camera ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts