2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

In the past weeks I had no time for my car, but I made a mod that is not in the car at the moment (I forgot that the ITG filter needs a pre-oiled so I am wainting for this to arrive from UK).

Test fitted this weekend. 100% ok.

used the OEM MAF housing. I will use the driven crazy scoop also.

total weight off all parts (filter, airbox, maf housing and couples): 700 grams

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Well, well, well , Well done NUNO ! Nice looking intake.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
What kind of air filter is inside? ITG as well ?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Im courious how it would work with Scoop...

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it will have some litle ramair effect at hi speed (more than the OEM box) and good cold air.

I am using the sccop (with the oem airbox) for 3 or 4 months and its very good.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Incredible mod Nuno! How much is the carbon ITG cover?? Where did you buy it from?
filter and airbox I think it's about 250 pounds.

Time to buy from uk! the pound as very low value!

the itg parts bought from unit8. Great service.

The 102 mm cold air feed bought from ebay.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it's the EP3/DC5 integra one. But bought without the kit parts, because you don't need that to fit the FN2.
So proven in the K20 engines.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nice intake Nuno. Looking at the pictures I noticed that the air enters the MAF through a sharp bend. Hopefully that won`t throw off the air metering for the mass airflowsensor and intake temperature sensor. The sensors are pretty sensitive.

Also, you mentioned that the ITG filter is preoiled?. If so, you run the risk of burning up the platinum sensor elements because of voltage overload. Perhaps you are best of using a dry filter.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice intake Nuno. Looking at the pictures I noticed that the air enters the MAF through a sharp bend. Hopefully that won`t throw off the air metering for the mass airflowsensor and intake temperature sensor. The sensors are pretty sensitive.

Also, you mentioned that the ITG filter is preoiled?. If so, you run the risk of burning up the platinum sensor elements because of voltage overload. Perhaps you are best of using a dry filter.
Hi culasse.
I not "using" the MAF sensor, I am runing MAP calibration with hondata
I used the OEM MAF housing because I had one and because if I want to go to a MAF calibration I don't have any problem wih AFR.
But I changed the bend a few day ago and now a new one.
The pre oil filter have no problem because ITG says this type of filter prevents any problem with MAF sensor (it's better than a KN).

The results of this is 3/4%/5% more fuel at wot. My car was tuned at 13 at WOT ewith stock intake and scoop, with this intake the WOT was 13.3/13.4/13.5. More air in the engine.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts