·
V-tec BOOM
1,015 Posts
nice vid man

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cheers guys, my fave part is when i catch and overtake the 2 mazda 6 mps's who started behind me. I started at the very front hehehehehe, whose stand i was on. they all thought i was gona get slaughtered by them, oh how they were wrong

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
i wish my little Civic sounded like yours!!:(

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i wish my little Civic sounded like yours!!:(

funny you say that, when i came off the guys i was with commented on how it sounded even the guys that were sat with their helmets on waiting to go in the next session said it was screaming down the striaght. its only got the not so loved AEM intake on.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice vid, wish I had the guts to take mine on track

you got to do it, it was awesome i was buzzing when i came off. was bricking it before mind esp when in the briefing the guy said that 25% of ALL uk race circuit track day accidents happen on the corner at the end of the start striaght. i was topping out about 115 and you have a crest into a blind slight left hand then straight into a tight right hand. need to scrub your speed of before the crest or you are in trouble when car unweights if you are not lined up righ and going slow enough

·
Registered
356 Posts
Track days are fantastic, have done Castle Combe twice in a VW Corrado VR6, however was a bit shocked at how some people are happy to drive over the limit and actually crash their cars.
Ive also done Brands, but strangely the best was at Kemble airfield, which was just a track marked out with cones, but the run off areas were massive with no danger of hitting anything, so you can really go for it.
Well done to thread starter, also worth checking U-Tube for "my first track day at Donnington in a CTR" that guy also owns the track.

·
<3
2,103 Posts
Looks great fun! :D Those MPS's weren't giving it much welly though ;)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks great fun! :D Those MPS's weren't giving it much welly though ;)
in fairness the guys were saying the 6's were like boats round the corners, though they didnt pull as much on me as i expected down the main straight. the 3's would have been a better comparison, there was only one on track that started right behind me but left him. the other ended up in the session after as marshals sent him wrong way.
its andys (rince) partner isnt it? his mps is nice, has he got round to modding the splitter yet?

·
<3
2,103 Posts
They looked a bit lumpy round the corners!

Certainly is, Nah he's not got it on yet, got some other bits and bobs on it but for the life of me can't think what! Will look good when its on though.

He's taking the mps to oulton park on Friday.. well if it comes under the noise limit. If not, I'm gonna nick his session!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it is quite a cannon he has poking out the back of that MPS : ) that camera thing he got looks like a nice bit of kit. hope they let him use it as at japfest you werent allowed to use suction mounts, had to be hard fixed.
will be interesting to see his thoughts friday aft

·
<3
2,103 Posts
It's very loud lol. Sounds nice though.

Yeah its alright that camera not sure if he's using that though! I'm sure he will give a good write up on the forum!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts