2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm no great letter writer, but I sent this yesterday, anybody who disagrees with anything i've written is unfortunately too late to make suggestions, it's gone!

Will see what result/reply I get and let you all know.....

My address has been removed, so has chassis no. and tel no, for obvious reasons.

Apologies to anybody that doesn't have a PDF reader but it was too big to upload in Word.

Hope you're all well!

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
To be quite honest it was a very mild letter to what some people on this site would have written.

Sadly, imho you will not get a response from them as they seem impervious to any form of complaint from customers who have paid almost £20k for their cars(mine comes in that category 2.2 EX with extras) and at 1 month old is showing signs of general wear and tear that would indicate 5 years of hard usage on my previous car.

Good luck though with the letter. Please let us all know how you get on.

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
Ian

Well done lets hope they bother to reply
I have been promised a letter telling me the radio won't work in parts of the country
I wonder if it will ever get to me?

TC has been waiting a long time for a reply from honda

·
Registered
146 Posts
copy of my letter

Honda (UK),
470 London Road,
Slough,
Berkshire,
Sl3 8QY.

Dear Sirs,

I write to you in total utter disbelief at the way I have been treated by your representatives at the Kettering branch. I have never been more upset than this in my life. The only time I have been more upset than this is when my father died.

Here is what happened to my family:

On Sunday 11th February 2007 I visited your store in Kettering to enquire about purchasing a new Honda Civic 2.2icdi EX.

Majid approached me and was pleasant and he took my details down and gave me a brochure. He said if I would like to we could arrange a test drive. I explained we have cash and a Citroen to part exchange and that I would speak to my wife and get back to him later in the week. My wife went to the Kettering Honda store in the week and confirmed we would like to have a test drive on Saturday.

On Saturday 17th February we arrived at the Kettering Honda store. When we went in Majid was busy. Rodger came across and I explained that I would like a test drive. Rodger said in a stern voice “will Monday do you”. I said that I could not make Monday. He reluctantly offered Sunday at 10:15am. I thanked him and said that would be fine. He then said if I wanted to cancel the test drive I could. I thought to myself that was unusual. Just as we went out the door he again said if you need to cancel the test drive it is no problem.

As we came away from the car dealers my wife said to me that she felt an atmosphere and did not feel welcome there. I said it was unusual maybe she was just being silly.

On Sunday 18th February we arrived for our test drive at 10.10 am. There were no customers there apart from my family. There were five or six staff members in the office.

At 10 20am no one had come out of the glass office. We were just being stared as if why are you here bothering us.

I spoke to a young chap on the Reception desk and said that I had come for a test drive. He went and spoke to Rodger who had been looking at us from the glass office since we arrived.

Finally at 10 30 am Rodger came out the office and commented that we had been dealing with Majid. I confirmed that I had but explained you arranged with Majid on Saturday for our test drive to take place on Sunday. Rodger then walked into is office without a word and took his jacket off and sat down. I waited until 10 45am and thought this was disgraceful service I was receiving. It was the worst experience of my life knowing that they did not care and were deliberately doing this to intimidate my family. By this time it was clear he did not want to deal with us. I thought that he was being prejudice against my family and that he did not want to do business with us because he did not like us. I could not understand why as my family are smart in appearance and polite. After waiting for such a long time and being totally disrespected I felt I had no choice and was forced into explaining to Rodger that I would cancel the test drive. I said that I would go to a Honda dealer that is more accommodating.

However with the treatment I had received at Kettering Honda it does make me think that I should have stuck to a Ford. At least they have their act together. Their sales representatives treat people like humans.

My wife went to work on the Monday and was telling her friends. It was to her surprise that it had happened to two of her work colleagues. Exactly the same happened to them and that is what had steered them into buying a new Mercedes and a new Volvo.

I have since spoke to people who I meet due to my job and a few of them have had the same experiences and cannot believe they are still in business trading this way.

The following Friday 23rd February 2007 Majid phoned me at home and explained that he had been off sick and had been informed that this had happened by a work colleague.

He explained to me the reason I had been treated was entirely due to the fact that Rodger would not get any commission for taking me out on a test drive. This explains why he kept saying when we booked the test drive you can cancel if you want to.

How can Honda let this happen?

It is a total disgrace. Does Honda feel they have the right to treat people this way?

To add insult to injury a manager telephoned me from the Kettering Honda branch and asked me to go through the whole upsetting ordeal my family was put through.

I was on the phone for another 40 minutes explaining what had happened. He seemed concerned. However he was not that concerned as he is not prepared to change the way they do the commission to prevent this happening again. Unfortunately therefore you will have more of this bad treatment happening to other people. I only can assume you do not care at Honda as long as budgets are met.

Their incompetence at Kettering Honda has cost me time of over two hours in my personal time on the phone and also travel time to go to Bedford Honda. They caused my wife and little girl upset. My little girl was looking forward to the test drive and could not understand why we was not going on the test drive as we had promised her. I was totally disrespected in such a way I feel I could never visit Kettering Honda again. After the Manager at Kettering Honda had spoken to me I have not even received a letter to apologise.

Please note I have never had to do a complaint letter in my life until now. I am such an easy going person. I let things go. However on this occasion I could not because of the upset my family was caused by the staff of your Company,

THEY DO NOT DESERVE A JOB IF THEY TREAT PEOPLE THIS WAY

Please remember you never get a second chance to make a first impression,

I would just like to mention that I have ordered a new Honda Civic 2.2icdi EX from the Bedford branch and will take delivery of the vehicle on the 30th March. The staff were fantastic. They treated my family like we were humans,

The only disappointment I have is that the space saver wheel is extra at a cost of £100.00.
It an essential part I need as would not want to be stranded without one. I have paid extra for one and feel a little cheated having to.

I look forward to receiving your comments in due course.

Yours faithfully,

Peter Newton

The reply sent back

It was a standard letter not encluding any points i raised

so now i looking to wrire to the directors of honda
if any one has their names

I AM NOT HAPPY

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's bad Peter, my gripes are purely with my car at the moment, although the staff at Holden in Norwich have obviously been annoyed at my constant presence, especially as I didn't buy the car from them, and got it a lot cheaper, they have never trated me anything like that.
I hav been on personal email terms with the head of service for some time now.
Good luck, got to go out for the day now so can't post any more replies till a bit later.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Honda (UK),
470 London Road,
Slough,
Berkshire,
Sl3 8QY.

Dear Sirs,

I write to .......................................

It was a standard letter not encluding any points i raised

so now i looking to wrire to the directors of honda
if any one has their names

I AM NOT HAPPY

Peter,

The problem is it's not Honda that have treated you so badly it's the dealer. Yes I guess Honda may be interested but when it come down to it Honda got their sale and the Dealer didn't so the Dealer has lost out.

The dealer is just another Customer for Honda when it comes down to it. But you are right, they should be told but I can't see them doing anything about it

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
Peter, I understand how you feel, but I don't think you will get anywhre writting to Honda UK. The dealer in Kettering is a franchise, so you are probably better finding out who the MD/Owner is and writting to them.

As you say, Bedford looked after you, so put Kettering down to a bad experience. They will lose out in the long run as word gets out!

I assure you, once you get your Civic, you won't be able to wipe the smile off you and your families faces and you won't give that sad wa**ker Rodger the Doger another thought! (Excuse my french ;) )

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
I agree

Its a shame this type of service is normal now
My wife and I have have left lots of places for the same reason
My dealer and the staff have never treated me that badly
they might not like me but they have always been polite

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Honda will be interested about the poor service in that brach, but as mentioned, the dealers are just franchise, so are just re-sellers of Honda cars, nothing to do with Honda at all.

Complain the the delaership as much as you can, have they got a head office?

·
Registered
146 Posts
many thanks for all your support every one

the problem i have if that i have been treated bad by anyone
I expect an apology ,

maybe it because the way i was brought up ,was told to respect people and to be kind.

all i wanted from Kettering Honda is a letter saying
we have treated you bad we are sorry and will prevent this happening to any one else ,

however i had a phone conversation with a manger, and his voice came over as it he did not give a s--t. any suggestions i made were dismissed without any consideration

e.g if some one takes you on a test drive they should get a percentage of the commission
lets face it maid greeted me took my name and address down .thats all ,

so Rodger is left with a test drive with no commission

thats why he treated me so badly he though
(duck him, he can duck off I'm getting nothing, why should i waste my time with those bankers )you may need to change some( d for f and b for w)

the issue is at the top of the chain so the only person who could sway the MD of franchise is Honda UK

i do not want compensation just a sorry letter from Kettering HONDA

-------------------------------------------------------------

now the way i see things is that they treated me badly

and here it what i will be doing this week

i will be parking my car over their entry and exit
phoning the local news paper with my story.
possibly be arrested for breach of peace ,however until i receive my letter the car will not be moved i think Saturday morning would be my best option

i will keep you informed of what happens

this Will be my fist time of ever being in trouble with the police, hopefully it will not come to that as if the police ask me to move my car i will .

but you know when some one does something you just can not let go, i have never felt this strong about something in my whole life, normally i would just forget about things and let them go .

wish me luck

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
I wrote two recorded delivery letters to Honda Cs and my solicitor wrote also, no response not even a standard letter, this has been since December 2006. I have now written to the CE in Japan sending a copy to the dealership and Honda CS.

For me now it is more about the rudeness of a non response from Honda CS rather than the actual complaint itself.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I wrote two recorded delivery letters to Honda Cs and my solicitor wrote also, no response not even a standard letter, this has been since December 2006. I have now written to the CE in Japan sending a copy to the dealership and Honda CS.

For me now it is more about the rudeness of a non response from Honda CS rather than the actual complaint itself.
any chance in having the address

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
any chance in having the address

I do not see the point in Writing to someone in Japan about your complaint
peter as others have said and as I said last night your gripe is with the dealership ( did you send them a copy of your letter ?) if not you should send a letter to the manager of the dealership or CE of the firm if it is a multi franchise

Honda can tell their dealership to apoligise and give them a warning - but Honda do not own the dealership - it is up to the dealership at the end of the day

·
Definately Female!
2,966 Posts
yes angel i feel if we send it to them at least they are aware of what is happening in uk

kindest regards Pete

Mr Takeo Fukui.
Honda Motor Co., Ltd
2-1-1 Minami Aoyama
Minato-ku
Tokyo 107-8556
Japan

Remember though my arguement is with Honda Uk at the moment not the dealer, it is Honda Uk that carried out the paint inspection on my car and are not allowing me to see the report.

I am expecting a secretary to either bin my letter in Japan or file it!! and why is my print so small lol :confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had trouble with Kettering Honda being rubbish. managed to get a test drive in an EX which was what i wanted and the guy didn't know how to work the sat nav and was trying to sell me the ES when I had specifically asked for the EX.

When I came to negotiate on price the sales manager wasn't interested so I went to Grantham and Peterborough who were both much better.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Mr Takeo Fukui.
Honda Motor Co., Ltd
2-1-1 Minami Aoyama
Minato-ku
Tokyo 107-8556
Japan

Remember though my arguement is with Honda Uk at the moment not the dealer, it is Honda Uk that carried out the paint inspection on my car and are not allowing me to see the report.

I am expecting a secretary to either bin my letter in Japan or file it!! and why is my print so small lol :confused:
top cat thank you so much for the address you are wonderful thank you

best wishes ever and best of luck all your family and Friends many thanks Pete

·
Registered
146 Posts
I had trouble with Kettering Honda being rubbish. managed to get a test drive in an EX which was what i wanted and the guy didn't know how to work the sat nav and was trying to sell me the ES when I had specifically asked for the EX.

When I came to negotiate on price the sales manager wasn't interested so I went to Grantham and Peterborough who were both much better.
will to be quite honest at present you are the 15th person apart from my self that has has the same trouble
was the person you dealt with rodger ??

i am going to compile a list of people so that it adds more weight behind the complaint on the dealer ship who do not give a monkeys ,i think this is their sales tactics make you feel that they do not want your business to get more money out of you.

did you get the impression they just did not care ?

1 - 20 of 87 Posts