2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

161 - 173 of 173 Posts

·
Deserter to Lexus
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Just caught up with all your spoiler work and my god does it look great! I'm constantly amazed at how your modded lexus doesn't look modded at all and just looks like it rolled out of the factory looking that mean! Gotta say it goes well with your upper roof spoiler, too!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Thanks mate, exactly what I was going for something that how the wow factor but still looks OEM.

Yeah I wasn't sure on the upper roof spoiler wanted to wait until I had done the spoiler before deciding though, I feel they compliment each other well though so happy with it now

·
Deserter to Lexus
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
Just got myself a bit excited and bought a set of these SPC Front & Rear Camber Kit Combo Lexus 2006-13 IS & GS 2x 67520 2x 67530 LR FR | eBay

Haven't done the 4 wheel alignment yet, but will get these fitted set the final ride height and these should allow me to get everything back into factory spec so I don't destroy my tyres!

Couldn't really afford these, but also cant afford to ruin tyres so seemed daft not to buy them

·
Deserter to Lexus
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
Ooh they'll do nicely.

How are you getting along with the coilies?
Yeah fingers crossed they should work fine.

Loving the coilovers mate, spent all evening getting the rear at the right height, think I am finally there as of about 30 mins ago.

I'm struggling to measure the height correctly with the wheel off keep having to stick the wheels on the measure, measuring from the centre of the hub up to the arch with the wheel off seems to give incorrect readings. I have finally got them rears level with the same amount of next to nothing pre-load on both rears.

The way I had adjusted them the other week had to more pre-tension on them, I cant figure out how to raise and lower the coilovers without that also adjusting the pre-load.

Just the fronts to sort now!

As far as comfort and ride goes though they are superb, just as comfortable as stock but look much better

·
Deserter to Lexus
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Been a while since I have done an update on this one, basically at the end of December me and my wife are all set to have a baby girl so "Modifications" to the Lexus have been few and far between.

After buying lots of baby stuff I have realised the IS250 is far from an ideal baby car! I have managed to get the push chair in the boot and hopefully I can fit everything in we need for a baby without the need to go buying an estate car.
Only estate car that actually tickles my fancy is the New Subaru Levorg, ticks almost every box for me apart from the fact I couldn't afford one and getting finance on a vehicle just before having a child and my wife dropping down to maternity pay doesn't seem the most wise decision to make.
Anywho..... I have been baby proofing the car a little in the form of a nice rubber boot protector, and looking at a possible roof rack and roof box combination.
In the mean time the car has been getting lots of valeting and I have finally managed to get the 4 wheel alignment sorted. As you can see with the camber bolts fitted the car is all nicely within spec despite being lowered so shouldn't suffer any additional tyre wear.
Before wheel alignment results, the camber is already correct as I had already set the camber a month or so ago

After:

1 Random picture of the car sat out in the miserable weather beeding away after all my hard work with the Autoglym HD wax treatments, the old girl has had a lot of wax applied in the last few weeks!

So as far as future modifications go I am have decided to probably go with the Whispbar roof rack as they look the nicest, then I have literally no idea on roof boxes, I want something that suits the car and looks ok but can fit suit cases or baby things in as and when required. Any help and suggestions on roof racks and space would be really appreciated

·
drives a shed now
1,430 Posts
Congratulations mate on the new arrival :smile3: Don't get an estate.
Never sold up my 3 door when the twins were born; 1 year old Vauxhall Calibre then a 3 year old Rover Coupe (Honda lump) then to an Audi convertible.

·
Deserter to Lexus
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Congratulations mate on the new arrival :smile3: Don't get an estate.
Never sold up my 3 door when the twins were born; 1 year old Vauxhall Calibre then a 3 year old Rover Coupe (Honda lump) then to an Audi convertible.
Thanks mate.

Yeah think I can make it work, just worried about the car getting battered and marked trying to cram everything in all the time, it ridiculous how much stuff a tiny little girl apparently "needs" just to go out for the day in the car!

161 - 173 of 173 Posts