2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello indeed.....
Nice to meet you all, now I have proof that other civic owners have the same probs as I, namely;

car pulls to left and wheel does a quarter turn to left during the last 5mph to zero, doesn't matter whether left or right camber... (booked to go to honda uk on wednesday)

strange whistling noise that eminates from the front left hand side of cockpit at speeds of 50mph upwards

Loose gear knob, i tighten it every day

Filler cap that wouldn't open (sorted now)

intermittent stutter at low revs when gently accelerating in gears 3 and 4

drinks oil (oil lamp on at 4800 miles)

interesting creak from rear left of car when reversing off my drive

overpowered tweaters that drown out any bass

low mpg despite not using aircon hardly at all

top of my head, that's the list..

now off to the dealer to bang my head on a wall for a bit.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
When did you get your car?

2006 Model or 2007 model?

What car do you have I-vtec / I-cdti
se, sport, es, ex???

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello indeed.....
Nice to meet you all, now I have proof that other civic owners have the same probs as I, namely;

car pulls to left and wheel does a quarter turn to left during the last 5mph to zero, doesn't matter whether left or right camber... (booked to go to honda uk on wednesday)

strange whistling noise that eminates from the front left hand side of cockpit at speeds of 50mph upwards

Loose gear knob, i tighten it every day

Filler cap that wouldn't open (sorted now)

intermittent stutter at low revs when gently accelerating in gears 3 and 4

drinks oil (oil lamp on at 4800 miles)

interesting creak from rear left of car when reversing off my drive

overpowered tweaters that drown out any bass

low mpg despite not using aircon hardly at all

top of my head, that's the list..

now off to the dealer to bang my head on a wall for a bit.
HI, My wifes 1.8 SE also hesitates at about 2000 RPM, only 1300 miles on the clock. I have tried 99 octane which improved it slightly. Please let me know if and how the dealer rectifies the problem.

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
Phew!!

Our car is due March '07

Just had a nasty feeling that your car was a newer build
but obviously not

Sorry you are having problems - sure they will be sorted:)

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
I've heard about this and I stumbled on a website where the user had provided pictures but I can't find it again. What I can gather it is a manufacturing defect that can be easily sorted.

The outer plastic trim along the top of the door where is meets the glass. Have a look at the tolerance/gap of the plastic trim at the rear end (seatbelt pillar). Compare left to right. The left hand (passenger) side has a bigger gap between plastic and door, causing the whistle.

This has been highlighted by the left hand drive countries where the noise is louder and more annoying for the driver.

Put some tape over this area to prove it for yourself.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Phew!!

Our car is due March '07

Just had a nasty feeling that your car was a newer build
but obviously not

Sorry you are having problems - sure they will be sorted:)
I don't think the "newer" builds will have any less glitches.... swindon must be a big thorn in honda's ass, but hopefully yours ok eh?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've heard about this and I stumbled on a website where the user had provided pictures but I can't find it again. What I can gather it is a manufacturing defect that can be easily sorted.

The outer plastic trim along the top of the door where is meets the glass. Have a look at the tolerance/gap of the plastic trim at the rear end (seatbelt pillar). Compare left to right. The left hand (passenger) side has a bigger gap between plastic and door, causing the whistle.

This has been highlighted by the left hand drive countries where the noise is louder and more annoying for the driver.

Put some tape over this area to prove it for yourself.
cheers for that, will look today!

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
I don't think the "newer" builds will have any less glitches.... swindon must be a big thorn in honda's ass, but hopefully yours ok eh?
I think they are quite a bit better check out
2007 model year cars in the buying section
looks like the majority have only had 1 or 2 problemsor no problems
at all

Fingers crossed

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, car safely made it to honda UK... I wonder how long they will have it..... needless to say the courtesy granny wagon (bottom of the range Jazz) is only goin to be used if we have to... other than that i'll two wheel it everywhere...

i'll keep you posted on the pulling issue

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Oh for god's sake!!

Just had a call from my local dealer who informed me that Honda UK have adjusted the 4 wheel alignment but this has not solved the problem and the technicians at the dealer aren't too happy about it and want to keep the car for longer... I even told the tech about this site so he can confirm it's not an uncommon prob.

oh well, i'll keep you all posted.

Phil

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
fingers crossed

Well I picked up the civvie tonight and asked "what have you done?", to which the reply was, "It's sorted, that's all I know. The technicians weren't happy with honda uk yesterday, so took it back today, we've just picked it up and the technician who 1st drove it, drove it home and the service manager has been out in it and all agree it is sorted"
On the drive home it became apparent that the steering IS better, the pull is not so strong, on the right hand side of the road it stays straight at least, on the left it still tends to veer to the left and under braking the wheel can be seen to turn.... so I'll let the missus take it out tomorrow (it IS her car after all) and we'll see what she thinks........

Now just got to go and complain about this whistle that starts at 56mph and it's pretty much sorted..

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well, the missus went out on a long drive today, got home and phoned the dealer...... seems the pull has returned.......

arranged to take an engineer out with her so she can demonstrate.... (well the service manager, who actually didn't test drive the car yesterday, as the staff reported to me). then going to take out the same car we test drove which we know didn't have a pull.......

will this madness ever end??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts