2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 274 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been ten days since I collected my Milano Red Type S GT with sunroof (GT is called Plus for Greece) and after some modding and additions, its time to post some pistures. :D

The car has an 1.8 litre engine. In Greece the Type S models are delivered with the black grille of type r, with the red H and a small emblem type s in it. Also, there is a color coded spoiler in the back and the type s stickers in the sides of the car. Lastly, they include a different gear knob, a black one.

As you can see in the pictures, I have installed parking sensors with a small internal monitor, which was a gift from the car dealer. The dealer has also included as a gift, some thicker mats and an extra car alarm, with small radars and the ability to understand if the car lifted (the alarm has not been fitted yet).

First lets see the car, although you all know it...;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the first picture you can spot the small monitor fitted for the parking sensors. It gives the distance in cm, plus there are differents lights for each sensor when coming close to an object.

Inside you will see that I have changed the black gear knob with one I bought from the american ebay, a knob from an S2000. ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First additions was Xenon lights in front !
The set of the lamps converts the existing lights of the car.
Second addition was a new hifi system, including front speakers, a 5-channel amplifier and a 10" subwoofer. The rear speakers were disconnected, the main source remained, a small subwoofer fader was added and also a small retro style switch was added for on/off of the amplifier.

So I took the car to a friend of mine, whose job is to install these things...we started at 8.30 in the morning and finished at 10 at night... the result is superb though !!! :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lets see the Xenon lights in 6000K. :cool:

These are the lights :

Here you can see the extra fuse for the hifi system and one of the parts of the kit with a lot black silicone for protection.

And the other part of the kit in the other side of the car.

I took some pictures with the result in my garage but they cannot represent the reality...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now lets see the hifi system. :eek:

I kept the source of the car, but I installed a pair of handmade 2-way Morel speakers (model Dotech mkII), a Caliber 5-channel amplifier (model ca5900) and a Caliber 10" subwoofer (model cwr 10).
I also fitted a Phonocar subwoofer fader and Phonocar kit for making pre-amplifier wiring. Of course, both doors were treated with isolation kit for better performance.

I used a 5-channel amplifier because the first two channels drive the tweeters, the other two channels drive the mid/bass speakers and the fifth channel drives the subwoofer. :)

Speakers
Amplifier
Subwoofer (the cwr is like this one, the cwc)
Subwoofer box

Here you can see the result (the picture was not taken correctly and you might think there are a few problems with the mat in front of the amp, but there are not):

This is the subwoofer fader :

And here is the small switch for powering on the amplifier :

Attachments

·
A. Senna
8,048 Posts
Very very nice, you've done it well!! Bravo
It seems very professional job!

** EDIT by FWH - Please observe the forum rules **

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very very nice, you've done it well!! Bravo
It seems very professional job!

** EDIT by FWH - Please observe the forum rules **
Thank you also.
Yes the installer is very good to his job, thats why it took him so long to finish the fitting.

The pictures taken inside the car, are after the install of the hifi system. You cannot understand anything, you dont see any cables etc., apart the small switch near the lighter. ;)

·
A. Senna
8,048 Posts
What is your next step?
Are you going to paint the spoilers?
I want to install Xenon light too. Are you satisfied with yours? I mean the brand that you have install is it good and reliable or is it a non name brand?

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is your next step?
Are you going to paint the spoilers?
I want to install Xenon light too. Are you satisfied with yours? I mean the brand that you have install is it good and reliable or is it a non name brand?
As I said before, I want to change the alloys with others also in 17". I like the factory fitted ones but I want something different from the others civics!
The Xenon lights are a brand that I dont know. The installer said, which I trust completely, that these are excellent lights, the maker offers one year warranty and if something happens to them he will fix it. The result is great. The 6000K option delivers superb white light ! You have to see it to believe it. [smilie=wrygrin.gif]

·
A. Senna
8,048 Posts
As I said before, I want to change the alloys with others also in 17". I like the factory fitted ones but I want something different from the others civics!
The Xenon lights are a brand that I dont know. The installer said, which I trust completely, that these are excellent lights, the maker offers one year warranty and if something happens to them he will fix it. The result is great. The 6000K option delivers superb white light ! You have to see it to believe it. [smilie=wrygrin.gif]
Can you tell me what is the brand of the Xenon lights? And how much does it cost? Pm me if you know.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Car looks very nice!

Like the look of that rear spoiler, cant believe that they come with the grill as standard over there! looks very nice with the type S badge on the grill too, like what robbo has done! very nice little touch!

keep up the good work!!!

1 - 20 of 274 Posts