2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After searching for a clean Type R, I found this one 6 months ago.

No parking dings,completely standard, 1 Lady owner and in rare Deep Bronze Metallic it was just what I was looking for.

After I got it home I started looking what was available for the FN2 and discovered Mugen through Civinfo!

Future mods are possibly either the Lightning wheels or maybe the Mugen wheels but sprayed Black like on the Fd2 RR.

I wouldn't mind the Mugen bonnet and maybe some lighter bucket seats like the Mugen S1-R's and some slightly harder suspension.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
Looking very good. Deffinately get it lowered. Will completely change the stance, I'd go for 15mm-20mm which will be fine if you got for the Lightning's. I've got this drop with rages & have no trouble at all.

·
Premium Member
4,711 Posts
If you are going full mugen styling ? You need the front bib & rear bib too as you have the gp pack ;) then it will look exactly like mine & I have the same colour ;-) get it lowered on teins 15 mm frs & it will be definitely a double for my car ;-) but looking well smart & fastest colour too IMO ;-)

·
Replica man
2,175 Posts
nice car:p

as others have said you should finish her off with a mugen front and rear bumper and lowering will make the car look a lot better too.

also sell your GP pack to me ;)

·
Premium Member
1,687 Posts
Car looks great - just needs lowering as said - suprised you want firmer suspension though? Eibachs will drop the car 15mm approx and give a slightly more comfortable ride and are progressive so tighten up when throwing it into corners nicely :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the positive comments!!

I was thinking about going for the Mugen suspension.. It's expensive but should hopefully give the stiffer ride i'm after. Does anyone have this fitted or is there a cheaper alternative that'll do the same job and lower the car too?

I have given the Mugen bumpers and lower splitters a lot of thought and although I think they look great i'm gonna stick with the GP kit for now. I'll probably ditch the fogs eventually though so the Mugen intake gets it's proper cold air feed!

Wheels first though!..

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts

I was thinking about going for the Mugen suspension.. It's expensive but should hopefully give the stiffer ride i'm after. Does anyone have this fitted or is there a cheaper alternative that'll do the same job and lower the car too?

I have given the Mugen bumpers and lower splitters a lot of thought and although I think they look great i'm gonna stick with the GP kit for now. I'll probably ditch the fogs eventually though so the Mugen intake gets it's proper cold air feed!

Wheels first though!..
Ive driven an M20 (with the susp) and its roadholding ability was just AMAZING!! Although an LSD will also make a big difference, I have the Honda LSD, prob one of the worst when you look at the aftermarket ones and thats really good still lol! an aftermarket one would be even better.

If youre worried about spending on the Mugen suspension I know that a change of springs and an FRS will still make quite a positive difference. The Mugen suspension if you go for it Im sure you will be happy with.

BTW TOP CAR! :D

·
aka Mugen Mo
638 Posts

Wheels first though!..
I got Mugen suspension and a Wavetrac LSD fitted on mine last year and noticed a BIG difference with the car.

Mugen is an expensive slippery slope ;)

Love the car btw :D

·
Bantersaurus Rex
1,567 Posts
I think I just did a sex wee in my pants...

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.