2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, found this site about a month ago when myself and the better half decided to change our CR-V for something smaller and more fun. Great site with lots of useful info, all of which will come in very handy when the local stealer finds us a car we like!!!

Look forward to posting soon, hopefully with said new toy.....

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Hello, My name is Laurent and I'm Civinfo addicted ! as well as I'm a Hondaholic too yet ;-)

Welcome here, I hope your hunting for the perfect car will be successful. Beware, this place is dangerous, some of us spend a lot of time here, so if you're already an Hondaholic you're prone to become a ivinfo addicted. But it's the best place to be ;-)

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Well I don't know about you guys but I'm a Hondamentalist[smilie=tongue.gif]

Hondaholic... that could be a REALLY good advert for Honda!

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I don't know about you guys but I'm a Hondamentalist[smilie=tongue.gif]

Like it, forgot that one! And yes, I already spend waaaaaaay too long reading stuff here, surely it wont be long before the IT police decide to ban the site at work...:mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,

I'm brooksa (the other half of brooksm). Thought I'd better register on here as we pick up our new toy tomorrow..... :D

I leave all the techie stuff to Mark, I like the gadgets! Going to be odd going from a CRV diesel to a 1.8 petrol. Plus its an i-shift so me thinks I am going to need driving lessons again!! Any tips on how to drive it smootly will be gratefully received!

Cheers
Amanda

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Welcome to you Amanda !

I hope you will enjoy the forum too !

Concerning I-shift, I've not tested it so I don't know, but the good side is that it is a semi-automatic gearbox, and if you're not satisfied by the computer decision you can play with the paddles ;-) It's a shame this system is not applicable to the diesel !

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Glad to have you both with us ....welcome to the forum, dont foget to order the ciVinfo sticker :p

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
Welcome to the forum both, which one will drive it first :rolleyes:
Amanda, of course!! [smilie=cheeky-grin:

Welcome both of you, don't forget to post some piccies. What colour have you got?

PS We're all Hondaholics on here!! [/COLOR]
:D :D :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
I WILL be driving it first as its my car :D and Mark is meeting me at the garage so will have to drive home in his car, so I get to be all alone in my new baby [smilie=cheeky-grin: Probably a good thing as I want to learn how to drive it smootly without Mark in the passenger seat fiddling with all the buttons!

The colour is blueish - not sure if thats the official colour. I would have preferred black but I am not that fussed - just didnt want silver. We have had far too many silver cars and I am bored of them!! Besides, Marks is silver and when they are parked next to each other on the drive it would look like his has given birth...

[smilie=boggl3y3dum: Looking forward to our daughters reaction when we go and collect her from nursery....just need to sort out child seats first!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Hi,
Plus its an i-shift so me thinks I am going to need driving lessons again!! Any tips on how to drive it smootly will be gratefully received!

Cheers
Amanda
Just listen and feel how the i-Shift operates and then just join in!

Remember that it is a computer controlled device that changes the gears, it can't always read your mind!

I've had my i-Shift nearly two years now and I still enjoy it's super smooth changes and them there paddles - when Lady H ain't around!

They say that the latest versions are better.

That would be nice, and if offered I might take it up, but as I say, C.H. loves his i-Shift!

"Misfortune, the kind of fortune that never misses!"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts