2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my alarm keeps going off CONSTANTLY. I've seen its a super common fault, but I really don't want to take it to honda as my warranty has run out and they're really into daylight robbery without it (£100 just to drive it into their garage?! No thanks)

Once the car is locked, after about a minute or two the hazards will start flashing- as if it has just locked itself, and then the siren sounds until I unlock it and lock it again. Then it will do the same thing over and over again. Apparently kicking the car doesn't help but I tried!
I had the main battery tested, they said it was fine. Then I gave the car a real good clean and it stopped doing it for a while week- so I cancelled the garage I had booked it into and low and behold, it's started again this morning ?

Any advice?
I love my civic and this is breaking our relationship! ?

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
234 Posts
Don't know anything about the alarm you have but I would start with the basics. Does it have a bonnet and boot switch? If so I would check they along with the door switches all function correctly. After that I would start looking at the ultrasonic sensors if yours has them fitted. Check the wiring to the sensor is all ok and also to the alarm for that matter.

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
:dito:

Odds are that unplugging the bonnet sensor will silence the errant alarm.

Pop off the plastic slam panel and have a root around.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
did you check the sensors inside the car? left and right side front of dashboard? i had the same problem with my old car and i changed them and problem solved.
one sensor is transmitter and the other is receiver

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep, just disconnect the plug going into the bonnet catch and it will stop going off . Happened to mine
Thanks I'll try that later! Took it to a garage and they can't read the diagnostics which is annoying, so gonna have to try everything to avoid a costly honda bill

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
did you check the sensors inside the car? left and right side front of dashboard? i had the same problem with my old car and i changed them and problem solved.
one sensor is transmitter and the other is receiver
No I didn't realise there was sensors inside! What am I looking for?

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
The actual bonnet latch itself looks OK, but I don't really know what I'm checking for ?
Good, under the bonnet catch is an electrical connector that needs unplugging.

Pop off the plastic slam panel to gain better access.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good, under the bonnet catch is an electrical connector that needs unplugging.

Pop off the plastic slam panel to gain better access.

Have popped of the slam panel and this is what I see... to the untrained eye looks OK? Have attached pics

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
3rd pic looks like the bonnet catch showing the alarm cable, un-clip it, close the bonnet (not that it'll make any difference now) and try re-arming.

This, the lower electrical cable at dead centre;

Good pic's btw ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
if the problem is not from bonnet position latch sensor as said above,
do you have sensors like the photo's? if yes, take a look them

There's are the only things that look like they could be sensors?

·
Registered
213 Posts
There's are the only things that look like they could be sensors?
Those are indeed the sensors. Have you tried disconnecting the bonnet alarm cable yet? :wink3:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts