2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

Got my car a few days ago, I've been driving it since then and I love it! It's the 2012 2.2 iDTEC ES-T model
I wish I could have afforded the EX-GT but this model is really good.

I hope I'll be able to help others soon, once I fully know how to ride the beast!

- Phone connection is amazingly easy. It litteraly took me 2minutes. Just switched on my phone (Samsung Galaxy S3, Android ICS 4.0.4) paired it with the car, opened Spotify on the phone and Voilà!
- The general feeling of the interior design is good. Personaly, I don't feel like the plastics are cheap. I don't like the seats though (design of the fabric), it looks like citroen more than Honda. Even if it's just fabric, it could be beautiful if it was dark black for instance with no design at all on them, just plain color.
- Car is easy to drive, although I find it easier to drive without the ECON on.
- SatNav is really good. Sometimes, it's not really pragmatic. For instance, to cancel a route, you have to press the screen 4 times, it would have been better to just included a "cancel route" touch button somewhere on the screen.
- I like the little things like automatic wipers, automatic lights, daylights, good air conditioning system etc...
- The camera at the back of the car is not just a gadget (at least for me), it's actually really usefull. It allows you to just have to look at both sides without having to turn your head to see the back of the car until your head is unscrewed from your body. The camera is well placed I think. The yellow lines on the screen tells you exactly where your car is compared to the pavewalk for instance. Usefull.

- If you have any questions, please ask, but I'm not an expert though.....

·
I Hate tailgaters!
1,404 Posts
I,ve got the i-dtec SE as a courtesy car at the moment. Front looks ok, better from a distance but still cant find much appeal about back end.

Have you tried connecting your phone to car via usb cable yet?? Wondering if phone data shows up on satnav screen ie., what tracks playing etc.

Agree about seat coverings, much prefer my own to ones in this. Yours look part leather??

Also think its poor cover for arm rest using seat cloth, leather better.

Enjoy playing with your new toy, run her in well.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your reply.

No I haven't tried to connect the phone to the USB port yet, but that's a good idea, i'll definitely do it tomorrow and get back to you on this.

I think you need to have at least an EX model to get leather. The only leather is on the gear nob and the steering wheel. Nothing on the seats.

·
Super Moderator
21,041 Posts
The fabric still looks better than the stuff in the original pre facelift cars = result.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)

·
Registered
689 Posts
Have you tried connecting your phone to car via usb cable yet?? Wondering if phone data shows up on satnav screen ie., what tracks playing etc.
I can only speak from experience with an iphone but yes you do get track info, artwork etc when connecting via USB plus you can scroll through folders and playlists.

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have tried and indeed, I can access my playlists, music tracks and see the folder tree. Works great.
Personaly, I still have to use Bluetooth anyway to make/receive calls, but it's interesting to know that it works.

Phone tried with: Smasung Galaxy S3, ICS 4.0.4

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello tierix,
Congratulations!
I'm picking my 1.8 i-vtec ES-T this tuesday.
I have one question -Can you get turn-by-turn directions on iMID screen?
Thanks and happy motoring!

·
Premium Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi there,

****. Yes I can if I divide the screen in two, map + directions.

On an unrelated point, why are my pictures not showing anymore on this thread? Do they delete them after a while??

·
Super Moderator
21,041 Posts
The link to where they are is saying that they no longer exist. I find photobucket is quite reliable.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there,

****. Yes I can if I divide the screen in two, map + directions.

On an unrelated point, why are my pictures not showing anymore on this thread? Do they delete them after a while??
Hi,
Do you mean only if I split the main satnav screen in centre console then the iMID will display turn-by-turn directions?
Thanks

1 - 20 of 46 Posts