·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
Not working for me either mate.

Sctrpop used Tapatalk to post this!!

·
I drive my Mistress...
874 Posts
sorry guys wont let me do it now worked ** ...
Just attach the pics to this thread instead of a hyperlink...

Sctrpop used Tapatalk to post this!!

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
the car is 2 moinths old?

·
JAE 2012 "cleanest car"
2,464 Posts
honda wont do anything as its because of the new water based paint they use when spraying, sanding would be the only way to get rid of it :(

·
Premium Member
1,462 Posts
would go back and ram it up the sales managers tail.... no way thats right. sale of goods act ... goods MUST be of merchantable quality..... if he gives you any grief tell him that you will go to consumer direct AND ask him what he would say if you wanted to trade it in like that!

·
JAE 2012 "cleanest car"
2,464 Posts
would go back and ram it up the sales managers tail.... no way thats right. sale of goods act ... goods MUST be of merchantable quality..... if he gives you any grief tell him that you will go to consumer direct AND ask him what he would say if you wanted to trade it in like that!
totaly agree but they wont do anything, its just crap paint they have to use now

·
Premium Member
1,334 Posts
I made BMW take back my brand new E92 M3 for the same reason - same poor excuse of water based paints.

The real reason is that they use a powder which is electrostatically coated on the car and then baked - that results in the poor finish but low emissions. Has taken manufacturers a while to get a decent finish and some colours are worse than others.

The only way to resolve it is to have an experienced detailer flat sand it, but that takes some of the paint off and could go through.

I actually resprayed all of my FN2 from new other than the roof - partly because I had all the mugen bits which meant half the car needed painting anyway and also because there was no way to match the poor finish of the stock panels!

End result is MUCH nicer :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts