2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres some photos of my new Fn2 . Picked it up from Manchester last week after trading my wee John cooper Works Mini In . Got a few Upgrades on the cards but nothing major as I'm more into my motorbikes these days the car is more a daily runner than a toy . Wheels bumpers and Arches are currently away getting tidied up before she sees the Road :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha il get on it n get it changed . Wheels are going gloss black, bumpers and arches just milano red again except the centre valances done gloss black to tie in with the wheels . Ordered some Wind deflectors and a couple of other bits and bobs . Mudflaps next me thinks !

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I changed from a jcw to a fn2 after having so many problems with the Mini.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To be fair i had a few problems with the Mini as well . i Had it 3 years and in that time it had : Radiator, thermostat housing ,2 sets of brakes , Timing chain tensioner, Both strut top mounts, Both bottom ball joints , Coil + Leads and many many sets of tires . Being a mechanic to trade i didn't mind so much as it was just cost parts but for your average punter it could been an expensive car . But She was Running 250bhp so the civic feels a tad on the slow side now :rolleyes:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Very strange that i noticed your car before you posted this thread. I was on Scottish VAG site and the 4 poster ramp next to you had a MK5 GTI on it and the guy was selling the Miltek from it. Noticed your car on axle stands at the side of the picture.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Yip Thats my Good mate Stuart Bradys Gti . He has sold the car so i had it in for him to swap his Miltek back to the Standard Exhaust before the new buyer collected it :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some more work

Well today whilst still waiting on my bumpers etc coming back i thought id crack on with some more Mod's/Maintenance

Firstly i fitted some new Team Heko wind deflectors
I then Removed the rocker cover and checked/Adjusted the valve Clearances , The car has only one previous owner with full honda Service history but to be brutally honest i don't trust a lot of the spanner monkeys in the dealerships one bit so thought i would check this myself before running the car
Also whilst i was in there i fitted some new iridium NGK spark plugs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts