2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi from Croatia!

I have recently bought a Honda Civic 1.8 Type-S, and I really love it. I have added some stickers on the car to make it even more beautiful!
As I was looming around this great forum, I've noticed that you can purchase Type-R front grille and mount it on Type-S. And it really looks great. I've thought of putting it on my car. What do you think? Is it a good investment?

My new car:

Attachments

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Welcome aboard , looking good.

Reactions: davneo55

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Nice car , DUH ;)
I did the gril swap also and to be honest, i cant say if it was worth it our not. Its retarded expensive, a pain to swap and after a while you miss the old grill, at least i do. I still have the old grill somewhere but cant be bothered by switching them according to my 'feelings' :)
Type-R grill gives it more of a sporty look, the old one gives it more character i think(i described it to be more girly at first, lol). Up to you to decide offcourse.
but happy motoring :)

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Looks good mate. Howcome you went for the Type S instead of an R? Seems to be alot of people buying a type S then wanting to make them look like a type R. I'd leave it like it is at the front, the lights suit it well

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
Looks great mate, I've just purchased a NHB Type S GT 08 reg and looked into putting on a Type R grill, I've decided to put on the new 09 Type S grill to bring the cars look bang up to date, it should go with the car as it has a silver H instead of red and its cheaper to purchase (around the £200 mark).

·
Noodle-slave
194 Posts
Looking awesome! :D

I'd say dont get the Type-R grill. Like Woette said, the standard-grill gives the car much more character and a more unique look on the streets. This look is what makes it look like a Civic, at least in my world ;) The Type-R grill just makes it look like another Type-R wannabe car, especially if the red H-logo is kept on.

But yeah, that's just my opinion :rolleyes: Get the Type-R spoiler instead!

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/styling/20718-type-r-spoiler-76-a.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts