2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

After 2.5 years with my Honda Insight (Top spec including Xenon and SSD Nav in Alabaster. Pics here: http://www.civinfo.com/forum/introduce-yourself/41278-hi-austrian-insight-driver-pictures.html) it was time for something a little more fun: Meet my new Civic. It's the Austrian top spec and has everything including Xenon lights, leather interior, panorama roof, etc. with the HDD navigation as an extra. I didn't take the cmbs and acc.

My dealer agreed to deliver the car on winter tyres on the original rims instead of summer ones. I plan on getting 18" wheels for summer but I am still undecided which make and model and which rim (And thankful for advice).
From the accessories I took the illuminated door garnishes (they look boss!!) and the plastic mat for the boot.

After just 150 km with the new one (and 80.000 km with the Insight) I can say that the new Civic is definitely a very fine car to drive - Very composed, calm but still sporty. And I simply love the soft leather steering wheel!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Looks great ...

not sure why people are buying thew 2.2 with the 1.6 and better economy due out soon ????

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think of the 1.6 as a successor to the 2.2 but just a slower variant. I choose the 2.2 because of its much higher power (150 instead of 120 HP, 350 NM instead of 300 NM and 2 seconds less to 100 km/h)

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Hi Helmigurt
Car looks great, weve got the 2.2 ES which will be making its first journey to your great country in 2 weeks time.:D:D

Why 2.2 superb performance, good econamy even when fullyloaded on our regular 850 mile trips to Austria, as yet there is not enough feedback on the 1.6 so would'nt want to chance such a new engine,:rolleyes:

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Telboy, I hope you are going to ski in Austria - otherwise it's pretty boring here at the moment! ;-)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UPDATE: First problem...

After about 1500 km with my new Civic I have to confess that this is a really great car. Much improved HFT, audio system, i-mid, ride compared to my former Insight. Radio reception is still as bad as with my Insight. Especially compared to the VW Phaeton und VW T5 I use as a company car.

Other downsides: I have a few squeaks when driving over bumps from the dash but they are very minor and you can't hear them at all when the stereo is on. AND: My automatic wiper isn't working. Just behaves like a normal wiper. I'll get it replaced though.

Overall I'm still super happy, especially the 2.2 Diesel is awesome!

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
I'm liking the illuminated door garnish.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can you remap that beauty?
Hi HUB, I hope so! But as of now I haven't found a company which I trust enough to do it right!

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
First Mods ;-)

I always hated the look of the Xenon HID bulbs in combination with the standard position lights on my Insight because of the different colour temperature. I thought the problem gone with the Civic because of the DRL LEDs but as we all know they are not in use when the lights are on and the Civic still uses standard non LED position lights.

So I bought two OSRAM LEDs and installed them:

Turns out they are bluer then the Xenon lights with the effect that the Xenons looked like a standard bulb... So I changed them to Philips LED (both kits are labeled with 6000K color temperature) which have exactly the right color! :D

The Osram LEDs are used as lamps for the number plate in the back which looks much better than the standard bulb as well.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
UPDATE: First problem...

AND: My automatic wiper isn't working. Just behaves like a normal wiper. I'll get it replaced though.
And I'm very happy to say that my dealer resolved this issue with the rain sensor by just unhitching the battery for 15 min. He knew the problem but couldn't tell me why this resolves it.

·
Premium Member
1,180 Posts
Hi

Very nice but I just noticed you do not have car mats. What about spare wheel?? Still the same game??))

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very nice but I just noticed you do not have car mats. What about spare wheel?? Still the same game??))
Hey HUB, I have the original car mats, they just weren't fitted in the first pictures (Which I made a few days before taking delivery of the car.). I got the car mats free of charge from my dealer.

What's up with the spare wheel? In my new car history (this is my fourth new car.. at 25..) I never had a spare wheel - Just repair kits.

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
First Mods ;-)

I always hated the look of the Xenon HID bulbs in combination with the standard position lights on my Insight because of the different colour temperature. I thought the problem gone with the Civic because of the DRL LEDs but as we all know they are not in use when the lights are on and the Civic still uses standard non LED position lights.

So I bought two OSRAM LEDs and installed them:

Turns out they are bluer then the Xenon lights with the effect that the Xenons looked like a standard bulb... So I changed them to Philips LED (both kits are labeled with 6000K color temperature) which have exactly the right color! :D

The Osram LEDs are used as lamps for the number plate in the back which looks much better than the standard bulb as well.
Looks good :like:

I'm bit confused at what you have done? What K were the OSRAMs? The OEM HIDs are 5300K... Have you changed them to 6000K?

I agree the original filament T10s looked terrible.. You would have thought Honda would have put something better in to mach the HID (Especially as on the Bi-Xenons, tthere the only bulbs in there)

I was thinking of changing my HIDs to 6000k, but looks a big job to do as it's very tight in the engine bay.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks good :like:

I'm bit confused at what you have done? What K were the OSRAMs? The OEM HIDs are 5300K... Have you changed them to 6000K?

I agree the original filament T10s looked terrible.. You would have thought Honda would have put something better in to mach the HID (Especially as on the Bi-Xenons, tthere the only bulbs in there)

I was thinking of changing my HIDs to 6000k, but looks a big job to do as it's very tight in the engine bay.
The Osrams are 6000k as are the Philips (at least on the packaging). But IRL the Philips are a bit warmer and fit better to the Bi-Xenons (I would guess 5500K if the HIDs are 5300K. There is still as small difference but you can't really tell. I didn`t change the HIDs of course. Changing the position lights was a bit of a squeeze for my hands especially for the right light but in the end I finished it in about 10 min.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts