2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. I love the way it looks in standard in standard trim. I'm not anticipating any exterior modifications, but am considering suspension upgrades that maintain the standard ride height and look, such as Koni fsd's at some point in a quest to improve the handling and ride a bit. Having been driving fords with multi-link rear suspension for most of the last ten years, it's the only thing that jarring (!) at present.

About to have a go at cleaning the egr this afternoon, socket set at the ready...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
...oh, yeah maybe the Civinfo sticker too, as I feel we'll have earned it after that

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Outside - shiny.

Inside - not so great, but not as bad as some.
Short test drive after egr cleaning, and low down throttle response seems a little crisper, and mpg seems to be better already.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
About 1/2 an hour to remove it. Having a decent set of ratchets and extenders helps.
There's an excellent thread on the forum.

Make sure you get the two new egr gaskets from Honda, as you'll need to replace them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just got my 06 civic there last month with 50KM on her. My trim/bumber is so dull compared to yours, I can't wait to get them blackened now. Looks like Ive found something to do for the weekend :laugh2:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks like showroom, its great. Need my plastic looking that black.
How did you get the trims so black, what did you use?

Thanks 😆

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They're actually gun metal grey. Not sure if that was a facelift thing (09 regs onwards) but that was after a snow foam wash, and a quick wipe over with quick shine. I'm lucky that they haven't been waxed as well, but the finish on them is quite glossy anyway. I've got one spot that seems to be delaminating a bit, but that's how they've been since I got it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts