2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m new to the forum so just wanted to say hello.

Picked up my new EX GT five days ago and am very happy. This is my first Civic so I can’t make comparisons to the previous model but I’m glad that I waited for the 2012 model. Excellent review from Pottsy really helped with the decision to order the new Civic.

The only problem that I have found is slight wind noise (whistle) from the B-Pillar area (not been able to pinpoint it exactly) at speeds over 60mph. I would be interested to hear if any other owners have experienced this.

My only dislike is the Keyless Access System only unlocks the driver’s door when you grab the driver’s door handle, but unlocks all doors when you grab the passenger door handle. Open driver’s door only or open all doors could have been an option in the Customize Settings Menu.

·
LOUD NOISES!!!
5,369 Posts
welcome mate, photos of your new car are compulsory ;)

·
Super Moderator
21,042 Posts
I’m new to the forum so just wanted to say hello.

Picked up my new EX GT five days ago and am very happy. This is my first Civic so I can’t make comparisons to the previous model but I’m glad that I waited for the 2012 model. Excellent review from Pottsy really helped with the decision to order the new Civic.

The only problem that I have found is slight wind noise (whistle) from the B-Pillar area (not been able to pinpoint it exactly) at speeds over 60mph. I would be interested to hear if any other owners have experienced this.

My only dislike is the Keyless Access System only unlocks the driver’s door when you grab the driver’s door handle, but unlocks all doors when you grab the passenger door handle. Open driver’s door only or open all doors could have been an option in the Customize Settings Menu.
I can see the logic there. Is it a problem in day to day use ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can see the logic there. Is it a problem in day to day use ?
Not a problem, I just have to remember to press the Door Unlock Button to avoid the “well are you going to let me in then” look. Or perhaps I should just learn to be a gentleman and open her door first.

·
The D is for Dave
280 Posts
So if you pull the driver's door first, then the passenger door, it'll be locked?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So if you pull the driver's door first, then the passenger door, it'll be locked?
Yes, if you pull the driver’s door handle all the other doors remain locked but if you pull the passenger’s door handle or open the tailgate all the doors unlock.

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Welcome Andy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1.5 Sport Plus CVT
354 Posts
Thanks for all the welcome messages, here are some photos:
Looks pretty mean...............

Hopefully i should be getting mine tomorrow or Friday.

DVLA are taking ages to get my private plate transferred.........it was sent away last Tuesday and still nothing.

How are you enjoying it?

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Lucky man, enjoy the car and keep us all updated... :)

·
Super Moderator
21,042 Posts
Not a problem, I just have to remember to press the Door Unlock Button to avoid the “well are you going to let me in then” look. Or perhaps I should just learn to be a gentleman and open her door first.
I think I'm misunderstanding the issue. I thought it unlocks the passenger side when anyone grabs the exterior passenger handle ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looks pretty mean...............

Hopefully i should be getting mine tomorrow or Friday.

DVLA are taking ages to get my private plate transferred.........it was sent away last Tuesday and still nothing.

How are you enjoying it?
It looks good and drives great. :D

Hope you get to pick yours up soon, I can guarantee you will love it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I'm misunderstanding the issue. I thought it unlocks the passenger side when anyone grabs the exterior passenger handle ?
No the passenger door stays locked unless you grab the passenger’s door handle or open the tailgate.

The reason why only the driver’s door unlocks is mentioned in the Service Bulletin kindly posted by HONDA0121:

Q: Why does only the driver’s door open when I grab the driver’s door handle?
A: This is a security feature designed to prevent theft of possessions from the cabin or trunk when the driver is travelling alone.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks good, hopefully picking up my new Civic tomorrow,cant wait.So much for the negative reviews, if you like it thats what matters, I love the new shape.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Thanks Andy for the pics.
Have a test drive in an EX GT next Mon. Really looking forward to it.
Appreciate updates.
Thanks.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts