2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning two EP3's before (2002 NHB and a 2005 Premier Edition), i decided on going to view this. Absolutely fell in love with it from the minute we went to view it.

Lady owner the past 4 years and every MOT certificate from new to show it has only done 5k miles each year. Two keys, full service history etc.

Plans:

- drop it maybe 15-20mm
- new gear gaiter (ordered)
- skunk2 gear knob (ordered)
- LED number plate, interior and headlight bulbs (ordered)
- CPL CAI or HKS RSK (currently on the lookout for a good used one)
- back three window tints (going in this week)
- refurb wheels (although theyre mint condition as they are, possibly a different colour?)
- powdercoat the brake calipers either yellow or red (opinions?)
- carbon dip a few interior and exterior parts (being done next week)

Ive never really been a fan of big loud exhausts etc but i do have a need for more power. If i can find a nice subtle exhaust and manifold, i will likely go for it along with a flashpro + remap to liven the car up a little :)

Most importantly, i just want to enjoy the car for what it is.....

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Small update for some bits that arrived this morning :)

Genuine skunk2 gearknob

New gear gaiter:

Some LED interior, number plate and sidelight bulbs

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Silly wee update for today....

Fitted my skunk2 and new gear gaiter. Really freshens it up and the difference a gearknob can make to driving is brilliant. Well worth the £50

Old vs new...

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well as some of you may have read on the other thread, I took the plunge for a set of new wheels. Here's the finished piece...

Fronts sit out of the arches a little so but after a good hoking round the bumpy local roads and they only rubbed every so slightly once...

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Wheels look nice mate

What's with the type R badge on the grill ?

Looks a bit wonky

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wheels look nice mate

What's with the type R badge on the grill ?

Looks a bit wonky
Lol I put it that way so it lined up parallel with the lower part of the grill. It's only a dopey stick on one until I tidy up my genuine one.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whats the off set on the wheels?? They stick out quite a bit, have you added spacers as well?
They're ET30 8.5J. It's looking like I might have to sell them cos I don't wana run crazy camber to cope with them

NOT HAPPY.... Cos I love them

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
They're ET30 8.5J. It's looking like I might have to sell them cos I don't wana run crazy camber to cope with them

NOT HAPPY.... Cos I love them
Yeah, the camber you would need would be way too much I think......nice wheels but the off set would need to be about 50 to make them work.

Was 30 the only off set you could get?

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, the camber you would need would be way too much I think......nice wheels but the off set would need to be about 50 to make them work.

Was 30 the only off set you could get?
I got them second hand so I took a risk on them. I'll have to sell and try find a set of ET45 or maybe ET30 at 8j as opposed to 8.5j??

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So I'm onto my THIRD set of wheels now and hopefully these will do the trick. They'll be fitted tomorrow and pics updated.

Theyre a copy for Rota Grid Drifts (funny since rotas are also a copy but with the specs, they should fit perfectly and look the part.....

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So got home to another wee package. Never been a fan of the clear rear centre light cluster so got this wee vinyl to make it gloss black. Such a worthwhile little mod and all for less than a tenner. Wee bit fiddley getting it right but looks the part now.

Before:

After:

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So one thing that really annoyed me about the car was the Moss in the taillights. But I sorted this by removing the rear lights and using a toothbrush, toothpicks, cotton buds + alcohol wipes to get it out. Left the lights like new again. Worthwhile in my opinion.....

Before and after :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts