2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well guys I traded my Type r in last weekend and bought this beast.... Thought I'd give it a show on here..

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice but have a read up on vxronline about gearbox issues. Might save you trouble later on. ;)
Yep mate, I think it was the older models that had that problem.... They fitted stronger clutches in the new models, There was a bulletin on vxronline and aon with the engine numbers that the problem existed on and luckily mine is well out of those engine range numbers.....

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Lovely motor mate. whats your thought on it so far? any interior shots?

·
Batmobiles Rule ✌
6,587 Posts
Yep mate, I think it was the older models that had that problem.... They fitted stronger clutches in the new models, There was a bulletin on vxronline and aon with the engine numbers that the problem existed on and luckily mine is well out of those engine range numbers.....
Yeah I've seen they did several upgrades to various parts. The main issue I was thinking about was the gearbox oil level. Vauxhall advise 1.6L (might be 1.7). Over time the gear changes become difficult and those who've decided to change the gearbox oil have found it to smell burnt and have a thick consistency. Several have increased the amount of oil in the gearbox by approx 0.5L. Apparently it seems to improve the longevity of the oil which in turn should help reduce wear and tear on the box.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Really nice mate. Love the seats!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts