2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Move over..comming thru!!
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after an early start I got to the dealership as they opened lol... how keen is that? My new baby was sitting there on the forecourt all ready for me..looking fantastic in silver, the best colour obviously :rolleyes:! Went inside, had a much needed coffee, signed over my EX, went through the new paperwork and was on my way in around 90 mins....great!! Got to say thanks to Mike and Jim at Stuart Graham Honda in Crewe for making the whole deal an easy and pleasant transaction - they kept me informed all the way through and really came up trumps matching the original DTD price (17250) on my 59 GT+Nav, price matching the cheapest dealer on the accessories I ordered and then fitting them free... doesn't get much better than that. I also (due to market forces) got £1000 more on my trade in than I paid for it in March which made the deal that much sweeter too.

The CTR is fantastic, not sure why I didn't go for one of these instead of my EX.. ah well, thats been put right now :D I thoroughly enjoyed the drive home on the A roads but much of that was spent being paranoid about running the engine in correctly so I must have looked like a complete boy racer speeding up and slowing down through the gears, even tickled the vtec a couple of times....oh well!

Anyway, time for me to go for another quick trip down to the, err, shops, or somewhere that involves driving. :VTECSMILEY:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Nice weather for the pick-up also(doesn't get covered in muck on the first journey home) Good day then!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bet you had the biggest smile ever!i get to pick my one up tomorrow!silver also! wouldnt surprise me if ours was on the same truck as mine arrived at my dealer on Wednesday from swindon plant.

have fun!

·
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So how much did you pay for the ctr with sat nav £17250...?
Yup £17250 all in on an Alabastor silver inc road tax and a tank of petrol. £12250 px on the Ex leaving 5k at 0% over 3 years....easy!! :D

Yeah I think I smiled all the way home, even chuckled a couple of times when I accidentally hit the vtec... [smilie=thatworks.g: . It was the perfect day for a drive too with glorious sunshine all the way. Really glad I decided to get this...

·
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bet you had the biggest smile ever!i get to pick my one up tomorrow!silver also! wouldnt surprise me if ours was on the same truck as mine arrived at my dealer on Wednesday from swindon plant.

have fun!
Different truck, mine arrived at the dealers on Monday.. it was a long 3 days!! Enjoy tomorrow! :D

·
Registered
343 Posts
Looks lush...you 'Huge' lucky lucky geezer!

·
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
changes..

I just noticed another change that I don't think was listed in the other thread on 08 to 09 changes.. the headlight washer now has its own button and can be used independantly of the windscreen washer.. thats a good change if you don't want washer fluid sprayed all over your freshly detailed bonet when you only wanted to spray the windscreen..... I'm asuming its a new feature anyway as it wasn't on my 57 EX...

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Looks stunning! Gotta say thats the Best deal ive heard of, You stole it off them. I got my old Ep3 from Mike down at Stuart Graham Honda. Really good team down there. Well enjoy it fella and before i forget I love the Carbon dash.

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
Looks great mate... key your keys weigh it down a bit though... how many!! LOL. Seriously though its stunning, and good news about the seperate button for washing the lights... Just make sure you don't keep your finger held down too long when washing the screen though as this is when the light wash kicks in. Not sure how many seconds it is though.

·
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks great mate... key your keys weigh it down a bit though... how many!! LOL. Seriously though its stunning, and good news about the seperate button for washing the lights... Just make sure you don't keep your finger held down too long when washing the screen though as this is when the light wash kicks in. Not sure how many seconds it is though.
Thanks, yeah I have a lot of keys there - probably could do with thinning out :rolleyes: . I didn't know thats how the washer system worked so cheers for that... will get round to reading the manual at some point I guess :D

Went out for a little drive earlier through the Cotswold country roads, beautiful scenery and empty roads in a brand new car listening to a mix of some good tunes and the sound of the engine... it was a damn near perfect afternoon lol Came back through my local town and nearly every group of 'lads' I passed all checked out the CTR...not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing lol...

·
Registered
59 Posts
The headlight washers activate auto the first time you use the windscreen washers when you have the lights on each drive.

·
MY09 Milano CTR Driver
777 Posts
Thanks, yeah I have a lot of keys there - probably could do with thinning out :rolleyes: . I didn't know thats how the washer system worked so cheers for that... will get round to reading the manual at some point I guess :D

Went out for a little drive earlier through the Cotswold country roads, beautiful scenery and empty roads in a brand new car listening to a mix of some good tunes and the sound of the engine... it was a damn near perfect afternoon lol Came back through my local town and nearly every group of 'lads' I passed all checked out the CTR...not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing lol...
That sounds fantastic mate... nothing better than the feeling when people just stare and admire your car!! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts