2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some pics of my new 2009 Moonrock S2K Roadster during and after a clean I did this weekend. I have also just finished running her in so this weekend has seen my first real VTEC experience after my FN2 left me :D

Enjoy...

Pre-wash snowfoam

Snowfoam1edit.jpg Snowfoam2edit.jpg

After rinsing

Rinsedoff1edit.jpg Rinseoff2edit.jpg

Washed with Bilt-hamber autowash and a "Wookie Fist"

20062009269.jpg

Wheels cleaned with TW nano-tech and Meguiars brush then rinsed again

20062009270.jpg

Dried using Meguiars waffle weave microfibre

20062009271.jpg

Air gun used to blow away any water in seals / between panels

20062009272.jpg

Bilt-hamber autobalm application began

20062009274.jpg 20062009275.jpg

Buffed off

20062009276.jpg

After whole car treated, tyres were dressed and then the results...

afterbilt1edit.jpg Aferbilt2edit.jpg Afterbilt3edit.jpg Bilthamber4edit.jpg

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice. :cool:

What do you think of the Wookies Fist?
Yeah it's good, does get heavy though when wet, also care is needed around badges and wipers etc as the wookie can shed some of it's fur at times and get hooked onto things!

·
Administrator
24,216 Posts
Yeah it's good, does get heavy though when wet, also care is needed around badges and wipers etc as the wookie can shed some of it's fur at times and get hooked onto things!
I've noticed that too and it can soak up half a bucket of water in one dunk.

·
Naughty but nice
4,134 Posts
Ooooh JP that does look good. I was parked right next to one like that today.

I have to say that seeing them with black interior is unusual and I think it actually really suits it.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks angie, yes I thought it was going to be all black but it has some nice red stitching and I think I actually prefer it now.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Looks Great Mr JP loads of horses ,very shinny clean

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
Mr JP, have you now moved? Spotted the Honda Bristol no. plates, not using G&M anymore?

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mr JP, have you now moved? Spotted the Honda Bristol no. plates, not using G&M anymore?
No I am still in the same place, it's just Bristol were doing the car £8000 cheaper than G&M so I thought it was probably worth traveling for ;)

Still haven't decided whether I'm going to let G&M loose on it for servicing etc.

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What a great car...!!!!enjoy your new car Mr JP...and be careful...your new car is a DYNAMITE!!!!!why you didn't take it white(championship white)????
Grand Prix White is okay in the photos, but when I collected my car a white one was next to it and it isn't anywhere near as nice as I thought.

Secondly the white is a GT100 limited edition which is £5000 more than what I paid, just for a different colour!

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
Very nice!! Great clean!!!! How does it feel in performance terms compared to the FN2??

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
No I am still in the same place, it's just Bristol were doing the car £8000 cheaper than G&M so I thought it was probably worth traveling for ;)

Still haven't decided whether I'm going to let G&M loose on it for servicing etc.
Yes £8000 is worth travelling for!!! Were the photos in G&M's workshop?

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Very nice!! Great clean!!!! How does it feel in performance terms compared to the FN2??
Very similar, just goes to show people that say the FN2 should have had 220 or 240BHP know very little about cars and just care for the numbers.

The S2K handles better and the ride is far better though.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts