2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my new galaxy grey 2.2 EX, still reading the manual.....:rolleyes:

Included one of the phone holder in case anyone else is thinking of getting one. It is the Brodit pro with the Sony Ericsson holder attached to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
You got it in the best colour :p

Still got the dealers protective mats in it i see!

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that phone mount is sweet. what brand is it?
The cradle is a genuine sony ericsson part brought of the web, it is then attached to the Brodit Pro Clip which has been mentioned on here a few times but I have never been able to find a pic of one in the car when a phone it attached. I was worried I would knock it every time I went into 1st gear but it is not a problem. The Brodit part that attaches to the car does not use any screws either so you don't do any damage to the car..

·
Registered
47 Posts
2.2 ex

Congratulations candle,

That is a fine looking ex you have, love the colour btw:cool:
Something you can be very proud of.

·
Registered
86 Posts
candle - does your phone work ok with the hands free?
Just it looks like a K800i and thats not on the Honda hands free site.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is the same model/colour and everything!! that I have been looking at for the past 2 weeks, test drove the Sport model at w/e, great engine/gearbox combo . . . . . Am trying to convince my wife we should buy the EX 2.2i-CDT-i the only thing she's worried about is the rearward view and reverse parking - but we'll have parking sensors - just like on current car and she likes them . . . . aaaahhhhhh WOMEN!!!!!!
We've been in 2 cars, one with leather and with standard velour type cloth we thought the leather seats felt harder on the drive??
Anyway - DRIVE IT AND ENJOY Looks stunning

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
candle - does your phone work ok with the hands free?
Just it looks like a K800i and thats not on the Honda hands free site.
Hi, it is a K800i and it seems to work fine apart from dialling from the phone which I believe is the same for every phone. I had to run the software update program which you can download for free from the Sony Ericsson site. Only runs on a PC so if you are a Mac user like me you may need to borrow a PC. It checks your phone and just updates the firmware, it doesn't de-brand it or loose any settings etc. Once done you can pair your phone fine, receive incoming calls fine, make outgoing calls fine using the Honda Hands Free kit but if you dial a number on your phone and dial the call gets transferred to the phone and not the Honda Hands Free. This does not seem to be a fault with the phone but just the way the Honda Kit works as far as I can tell at the moment anyway.

Thanks everyone else for the comments... Have to say it is an amazing car..

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
Nice car Mister... ! [smilie=cheeky-grin:

The brodit kit fit very well in the inside.
So Enjoy the driving !

·
Registered
110 Posts
Regarding Brodit clips, I have one in my Jazz for my Ipod Nano. Again, like Candle's, it has no screw fittings, etc and clips under existing trim. The fit is excellent and I am extremely happy with the quality. Fitting of mine was very straightforward.

Nice car candle and thanks for the K800i phone info.

·
Wine and cooking !
1,526 Posts
I've put an Airvent brodit kit for my garmin GPS... It's amazing how easy is it to fit it !

Yet I've to look how to put a secial cable for power suppy and TMC info reciever :rolleyes:

And Again Candle, You have a great and good car (like some of others in this forum [smilie=cheeky-grin: )

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi, it is a K800i and it seems to work fine apart from dialling from the phone which I believe is the same for every phone. I had to run the software update program which you can download for free from the Sony Ericsson site. Only runs on a PC so if you are a Mac user like me you may need to borrow a PC. It checks your phone and just updates the firmware, it doesn't de-brand it or loose any settings etc. Once done you can pair your phone fine, receive incoming calls fine, make outgoing calls fine using the Honda Hands Free kit but if you dial a number on your phone and dial the call gets transferred to the phone and not the Honda Hands Free. This does not seem to be a fault with the phone but just the way the Honda Kit works as far as I can tell at the moment anyway.

Thanks everyone else for the comments... Have to say it is an amazing car..
Noob question, but i dont understand difference between making outgoing call and dialling number ? Isnt it the same. Or do you mean the Handsfree works fine if u dial from your phonebook but if you dial all the numbers manually then no handsfree function ?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hey C!

She's gorgeous! Looks like Southbourne Overcliff...?!

Hope you have lots of fun in her...

:D :D :D

·
Administrator
20,945 Posts
Excellent colour :)

I've also just installed a Brodit Proclip although I opted for the lower console mount, my appliances stick to it by Velcro though.

By using Velcro I can mount either phone (Nokia 3120 or Nokia 6230i) or my Binatone walkie talkie without them going walkabout on the front seat.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Noob question, but i dont understand difference between making outgoing call and dialling number ? Isnt it the same. Or do you mean the Handsfree works fine if u dial from your phonebook but if you dial all the numbers manually then no handsfree function ?
Hi, the way the Honda kit works (or seems to, please correct me anyone if wrong) is to make an outgoing call you have to use the voice commands, i.e. "dial" then either speak the number or you can store something like 50 numbers in the car phonebook so you can speak the name. If you do this the call stays in the Honda handsfree system. If you enter a number on your phone keypad or select a number from your phone phonebook and dial the call transfers out of the Honda handsfree kit and into the phone, so no longer handsfree and no radio mute etc. I imagine for a lot of people this is not an issue but I have to do a lot of support calls when out and about and these are emailed to me on my phone. We have a large customer base and quite often we are given different contact details, the phone automatically highlights the phone number from within the email and I can just press dial, but not with the Honda system. I posted a question about this in the electronics section and it seems a lot of phones are the same but so far 2 people have managed to get a samsung D900 to work in the way I need it to. Hope that helps clear it up..

PS if anybody else knows of a phone that lets you dial from the phone while keeping the call in the HFT please let me know.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts