2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone im new to the site had my 58 plate type R GT a couple of weeks now and loving it....

previous to this i had an Astra VXR in Arden Blue, which i sold to help fund the type R, and i have to say the Type r is way better.. The Vxr did have more power at 240bhp but it just could'nt put it down on the ground and was the worst handling car ever, hence why i sold it after only 5months..

hope everyone is ok and no doubt i'll be posting again very soon.:D

·
Civinfo's Bulb Supplier
13,427 Posts
:D

Well done, glad to see another convert, I'm surprised Vauxhall collared you in the first place!

Just a turbo in a tin ;)

You're new "R" is stunning, and congratulations.

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts

·
Premium Member
659 Posts
Theres a new VXR near me and it looks really nice I must say. The exhaust looks a bit rubbish though. Never been in one but what I've heard is yes its got loads of power but thats no good if you can't put it on the road. I'm presuming that tuning companies could tweak it and it would be loads better.

P.S - Welcome and you'll have loads of fun with your new Type R :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is an opposite view too.
Hmm makes interesting reading.. theres no doubt the vxr felt quicker but thats only when it did manage to put the power down and even then the torque steer was horrendous... i do find especially on motorways you need to work the gears more on the type r to get the power, but the noise of ivtec is awsome..

But thats just my opinion having owned both....

·
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)
9,228 Posts
Hmm makes interesting reading.. theres no doubt the vxr felt quicker but thats only when it did manage to put the power down and even then the torque steer was horrendous ... i do find especially on motorways you need to work the gears more on the type r to get the power, but the noise of ivtec is awsome .. But thats just my opinion having owned both ....
Revs ? ... absolutely ! - all Petrol engined Hondas must be 'revved' to get the available power ... they have relatively low torque, but high revs ... and torque x revs = bhp ... and oohhhh, that "Honda Howl" :D ...

·
geekess
3,638 Posts
I've never driven a VXR but i believe the Type R is a much better engineered car with a lot more finesse. Much more than just brute force. Its not just about bhp.

And hello T66NYM welcome to the Type R club on Civinfo ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
I've never driven a VXR but i believe the Type R is a much better engineered car with a lot more finesse. Much more than just brute force. Its not just about bhp.

And hello T66NYM welcome to the Type R club on Civinfo ;)
Yeah, keep it lingering around 3-4,000 revs then floor it...feels great. And mines a 1.8! :)

Would love to take the full R out on the road :(

Chose the Type S as i get paid a car allowance so didn't want to look like Schumacher dirivng into clients car parks. Also i pay for my own insurance and tax, business fuel is through expenses at their set ppm.

So Type R for me was out of the question :(

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Welcome to the madness

·
Administrator
19,178 Posts
Hi and Welcome :D

Good choice of car in the Civic :D

·
Premium Member
1,050 Posts
Greetings, from one Leeds lad to another

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Obviously bought the right car, right colour and right spec - welcome!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts