2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

Just took delivery yesterday of this motor. Done 100 miles so far, and been on this forum lurking for a few months now... First impressions are excellent, no rattles, all PDI notes from here checked out ok. I am impressed! Its certainly an improvement over my '55' plate Megane Turbo 165 BHP. This 2.2 Diesel seems faster on acceleration, and it aint even run in yet![smilie=cheeky-grin:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Hi.

Just took delivery yesterday of this motor. Done 100 miles so far, and been on this forum lurking for a few months now... First impressions are excellent, no rattles, all PDI notes from here checked out ok. I am impressed! Its certainly an improvement over my '55' plate Megane Turbo 165 BHP. This 2.2 Diesel seems faster on acceleration, and it aint even run in yet![smilie=cheeky-grin:[/quote]

Beautiful car and I wish you lots of luck and enjoyment with it, and don`t forget to keep us updated. :D:D:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny you should say that about the stone chips... I did have a good look around the front earlier... and nothing I can see so far, except I keep having to get the damn cats off the car... their claws will scratch it!

·
Registered
607 Posts
It's only a matter of time. You'll be back on here soon berating the crap paint.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
It's only a matter of time. You'll be back on here soon berating the crap paint.
My one is now 19 months old and is fine and is certainly no worse than any other car I have had or any of my neighbour`s cars :D:D:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah... I've three of the things! I'll be taking them down the vets if they do... lol..... for some claw clipping of course...

·
My other woman is my CTR
1,505 Posts
that is the best colour the type s comes in... and the 2nd best looking type s on the site! ;)

Congrats on a great choice of car!

·
TYPE R GT (R-15016)
2,224 Posts
Very nice.....................

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hard decision when facelifted one so close.Nice color indeed but I hope new Polished Metal don't get you confused.I plan a shift from 5door to typeS in 2010 if 9th gen. don't cause to change my mind.Wish you good drive.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
The rearest colour of them all , looks great

·
Registered
375 Posts
Welcome.
Nice car in rare colour.

·
COTM Feb 2012
3,995 Posts
is that a dealer badge on there....?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have never seen it before in this colour - its beautiful!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes, its an Alan Day dealer badge... came from their Southampton branch on the back of a truck. I'll have to get the dental floss and hair dryer out and take it off. Oh and thanks for all the comments. So far, so good with this car. Did have a bit of an issue with the centre air vents. Pulled them both out messing with one of those uni mobile phone brackets that clips on the louvres. Had to apply a serious amount of pressure to push it back into the dash... phew, thought I'd bust it for sure.... but its fine now. So far I'm well pleased, although I'm at under 1/2 a tank of fuel and its only giving me 31.4 MPG at the moment... I'd hope for better, even though the company pay for it! All in all, I'm loving it!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts