2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Shake 'n Bake
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just thought I'd create a thread to show the progress of my 2007 2.2 NHB Type S GT styling improvements/alterations. So far the only change I've made is fitting an AUX kit to the head unit.

Here's a list of what I've purchased and needs fitting, and am planning on changing. Any other comments/thoughts would be appreciated.

Purchased so far:

AUX CONNECTOR - FITTED

CIVINFO.COM DECAL - NOT YET FITTED

GERS "O O O TYPE S O O O" BRAKE LIGHT COVER - NOT YET FITTED

GERS BLACK HONDA FUEL CAP LOGO - NOT YET FITTED

TYPE S SIDE DECALS - NOT YET FITTED

GERS ALLOY BLACK WITH RED HONDA LOGO CENTRES - NOT YET FITTED

GERS TYPE S HEADREST LOGOS - NOT YET FITTED

TEAM HEKO WIND DEFLECTORS - NOT YET FITTED

PLASTICARE BUMPER DYE BLACK - NOT YET APPLIED

To Order next:

TYPE S SPORTS GRILLE

CARBON WRAP FOR CHROME PART OF GRILLE, DOOR PILLARS AND INTERIOR DASH PANELS

MR JP NEW H1, H7, H11 AND 501 BULBS

That's all I've thought of so far, when the weather finally improves and I get a chance to start fitting these I'll update this with photos.

Cheers

Nick

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Scrap the plasticare and colour code! Owned mine for 15 months and only just taking the plunge and seriously regretting not doing it sooner!

Type r spoiler

Lower

Tints

Hids

Rear centre panel vinyl strip

·
Shake 'n Bake
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the advice Robert. Definitely want to colour code at some point but atm don't have the funds for that and can do a lot of other changes for a fraction of the cost. I don't intend for plasticare to be a final solution but I just want a relatively cheap current solution to the grey bumpers :)

Am interested in getting a Type R spoiler at some point too :)
What do you mean by rear centre panel vinyl strip? Have you got a photo of it?

Cheers

Nick

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Thanks for the advice Robert. Definitely want to colour code at some point but atm don't have the funds for that and can do a lot of other changes for a fraction of the cost. I don't intend for plasticare to be a final solution but I just want a relatively cheap current solution to the grey bumpers :)

Am interested in getting a Type R spoiler at some point too :)
What do you mean by rear centre panel vinyl strip? Have you got a photo of it?

Cheers

Nick
I plasticared mine and it looked like sh*t scrape the money together ;)

Check in the traders section on here for either Cazzas or coolices centre panel vinyl

·
Shake 'n Bake
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol see I've seen varying results so I think I'll still give it a shot and if it's that bad then it might make me compelled to have the colour coding done sooner rather than later :) that rear vinyl does look nice I'll make sure to check it out and get myself one :) out of curiosity how much did the coding cost to do all the bumpers, skirts and arches? I got quoted about 400-450 so far . How long ago did you say you had yours done?

Cheers

Nick

·
Henkepenk
1,353 Posts
Nice car and a good little list that will only get longer :D

Reactions: Keano1990

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
Lol see I've seen varying results so I think I'll still give it a shot and if it's that bad then it might make me compelled to have the colour coding done sooner rather than later :) that rear vinyl does look nice I'll make sure to check it out and get myself one :) out of curiosity how much did the coding cost to do all the bumpers, skirts and arches? I got quoted about 400-450 so far . How long ago did you say you had yours done?

Cheers

Nick
Mine is being done cash in hand for 260 including preparing and painting a type r spoiler but that with me stripping and fitting he's literally just painting

·
Shake 'n Bake
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers mate, planning on having this a while so would be rude not to make a few changes to it ;)

·
Shake 'n Bake
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine is being done cash in hand for 260 including preparing and painting a type r spoiler but that with me stripping and fitting he's literally just painting
That's incredible value, nicely done :) take it you just mean stripping and preparing for the spoiler and not the bumpers though?

So the current photos of your car are with plasticare on? If so it doesn't look so bad, what's so wrong with it in your opinion?

Cheers

Nick

·
Muscles From Brussels
4,073 Posts
That's incredible value, nicely done :) take it you just mean stripping and preparing for the spoiler and not the bumpers though?

So the current photos of your car are with plasticare on? If so it doesn't look so bad, what's so wrong with it in your opinion?

Cheers

Nick
That's me stripping all te car and delivering it along with the spoiler he does the rest then I take away and refit.

My car has g techniq c4 on it ATM tried plasticare removed it immediately as I couldn't make it work for me and there's not many (if any) products like that!

It's the camera angle that makes it look better really let's it down!

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Have to get Kremmen to move this thread to the 8th gen...........

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Keano.
Not a problem. Best of luck with the motor.

I think one of the Moderators will pick it up and move it. Kremmen has a 9th gen so I would imagine he'll come across it sooner or later.

·
Shake 'n Bake
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Keano.
Not a problem. Best of luck with the motor.

I think one of the Moderators will pick it up and move it. Kremmen has a 9th gen so I would imagine he'll come across it sooner or later.
Thanks Alwaysblack :)

I've PM'd Kremmen just to make him aware of the issue.

·
Shake 'n Bake
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Plasticare has arrived today! Am interested to see what improvment it makes to the bumpers trim, as people who have used it seem to get very varying results! ny time wil tel I guess! :)

·
Premium Member
6,012 Posts
....Let the modding begin! :cool:

The plasticare will make a massive improvement......if applied right!;)

Hopefully you'll be happy with the results Nick. Took me a few attempts to get the hang of applying it, but I was more than pleased with the finished look on mine.:D

·
Shake 'n Bake
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
....Let the modding begin! :cool:

The plasticare will make a massive improvement......if applied right!;)

Hopefully you'll be happy with the results Nick. Took me a few attempts to get the hang of applying it, but I was more than pleased with the finished look on mine.:D
Thanks mate for all the graphics and advice so far! :)

·
Shake 'n Bake
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update: Just purchased a Gloss Black sumo style rear centre panel vinyl strip with the oval rising sun cut out for the fog light, cannot wait to fit it, looks brill! :)

1 - 20 of 77 Posts