2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, sadly I parted ways with my Renault Clio 197 in February due to starting to do mega miles.

I loved everything about the Clio, even the bad bits. At 50,000 miles and extended warranty ready to expire, it had to go. What to get next was a real dilemma.

Something fun, but preferably diesel for economy. Something with a bit of poke, but also a bit different. I considered all sorts - MX-5's, VW Golf GT, Mondeo ST, Focus etc etc. Eventually settled on a 57 plate Civic Type S GT with 25,000 miles in Blueish Silver after having seen a couple of black ones which had various bits wrong with them. It has the GT spec and also has an iPod connection and reversing sensors.

I then had the front grille changed to the 2011 mesh/chrome setup and upgraded the headlights to cool blue xenon effect. So, the photos....

I've covered 6,000 miles + already in the car, including a trip to Brussels and countless runs to Norwich/King's Lynn/Wisbech for work and to see my Mrs. The car covers ground really well and compared to the Clio is put together far better. I miss the urgency and everyday 'wow' factor of the Renault but for cruising on the motorways, this is perfect. No rattles, it all works fine.

There are some bad bits, in that the windscreen wipers annoy me from not being able to squirt the edges of the screen - meaning smeary lines, the seats don't go back in the right place and some evil grit spreading lorry has removed masses of paint from my bonnet :(

It's fairly sporty and whilst I really am missing the burst of petrol power, this is quick for overtaking when needed and is returning 48-50mpg on average which is perfect for aiding my wallet! Huge fan of the panoramic roof and iPod lead, whilst the spaceship interior has grown on me. The sports grille and change of headlight bulbs has also been great for making it stand out that little bit extra, and I still haven't seen another Blueish Silver Type S since buying it, so I've maintained some rarity :cool:

Next steps are going to be LED indicators on the front, new rear number plate lights, new front tyres and shortly brake pads. Overall, thoroughly impressed with the car despite missing petrol. I am being swayed to the dark side!

Comments welcome.

Rich

·
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
941 Posts
A47 to KL? Chances are I'll see you about if so, more likely to be driving work van than the Civic there tho.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A47 to KL? Chances are I'll see you about if so, more likely to be driving work van than the Civic there tho.
Yeah, my girlfriend lives in Norwich so I go between there and KL sometimes in the week if I'm not commuting from Essex. Can be an enjoyable stretch of road that if you time it right :cool: I'll look out for a flashing van man then!

·
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
941 Posts
My works van has Police written on so I'd be worried if it's flashing at you ;)

It can be OK if it's quiet, nightmare if you get stuck behind a Tesco Van rolling along at 50mph.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha, then maybe just a cheeky wave! Definitely not about the Tesco vans. I didn't believe the other half when she said about tractors on every journey. I do now!

·
Premium Member
6,314 Posts
Nice mate colour coding would finish off the car stone chips are common should maybe get the bonnet wrapped in carbon fibre would tie in with the roof

1 - 10 of 10 Posts