2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey gang I ordered myself some new V3 Tritons these leds are super bright so I purchased two rear tail & stop light sets + one rear indicator set with V3's recommended resistors to save on hyper flash for the pesky indicators maybe I won't need them whoo hoo anyway I have them if needed.

As my car is due to go for MOT next week thought best to wait until after that to install them, so thats next weekend sorted. I looked at these leds for months & seems to be the dogs balls of lights, I have seen them on videos and the reviews as output of light is amazing but the build quality of the cabling leaves much to be desired anyway with my money I spent it on these leds here are some pictures to show you what they look like.

The red from these leds in real terms compared to incandescent lighting is much more red very pronounced, and god are they bright I just tried one and to say it is bright is an understatement, there are three leds to one bulb and god dam they are bright lol maybe too bright dare I say it?

You adjust the brightness by turning the bulb on the thread this extends so can be focused in the bulb housing, it comes with collars gaskets and screws for fitting it to the stock bulb holder in the car I think this might be a fiddly job so silicone will be at hand for fixing troublesome V3'S.

If you have any questions please reply I'll try and help, please note I work as well so might not log in here every evening..

Attachments

·
#MrGrumpy
13,117 Posts
I will be very interested to see a fitting guide (with plenty of pics ;)) as I think it's going to be tricky!!

However if you can get them in I'm all ears...

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be very interested to see a fitting guide (with plenty of pics ;)) as I think it's going to be tricky!!

However if you can get them in I'm all ears...
Don't worry I wouldn't have spent £200 + £50 import duty if I thought these would not fit I have already confirmed fitting won't be a problem, I will take pictures as I go just have patience my friend I will upload as and when I can as I'm busy with work as well. Any way thank you for your query. God wish I could type properly he he he..

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
looks good! :)

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well guys I did not expect to have all these replies right here. So let me say my car goes in for mot next week and as I live in Northern Ireland that means a government test center who pick the car to bits so I'll wait until after next week to install them. The fit well actually had them in today hanging from the Honda light fitting and fiddled about with pressing the brake the red glow is fantastic with rear side lights on as bright if not brighter than my Piaa extreme whites, then when you press the brake boy oh boy I did chuckle the red they give off is blinding whooo hooooo brighter than a standard rear fog light I would say so no one will be in doubt while driving behind me when I press the foot brake. Only problem I can see will be the indicators those transformers are going to be hell to fit looks like some cutting to install inside the rear panel close to the light fitting not unless I can get a electronic relay for the Honda and use that. As for the led output they are unmatched in the industry, these things are bloody bright that is for sure. So guys I won't leave you all high and dry I'll report back with pictures as and when and i'll keep ya all updated. Here are a couple of links of an American guy who goes into detail as to box contents, disregard the part where he says about the quality that has now been resolved so there are no know issues as I have tested mine today installing them roughly and all working as intended god dam that indicator is blinding he he he this will be fun cant wait to install them..

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh forgot. The brake lights work on my Honda without resistors, so no resistors needed for brake lights, I have yet to test the indicators without resistors? I will update end of next week. Just thought to mention that about the rear brake and stop light you do not need a circuit loading system at least not on my Honda just fits straight into the standard bulb plug.

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
V-3 tritons

will be interesting to see these working
Yes I will show you them working when installed just be patient and I'll let y all know the final outcome. I have looked at these from last year, so it's been a long time looking and investigating into these bulbs a lot of time and effort has been spent figuring these bulbs out but they are the best in the market today.

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
V-3 tritons

Looks fab mate can't wait to see how your experiment goes!
Yes I will keep you up to speed with this and i'll report back with pictures and how the install goes, looks like I'll have the brightest brake & side lights possibly. But the red they give off is a very deep red really nice full bodied it look fab my friend, if you do import these just remember to add 20% vat to whatever you spend converted from dollars to Sterling the guys will put proper value on and customs search everything coming onto our shores from abroad especially the good old USA, then there was a £8 Parcel Force release fee to pay as well, tried to not pay that by citing the Post Offices communication act but needless to say I ended up paying phoned citizens advice and their act was amended in 2011 so now you have to pay it or you don't get your package..

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
V-3 tritons

600 lumens
You could be possibly correct it is somewhere about there I heard of 550 i'm a memebr of hid planet and those guys are boffins on that site with everything led thay ahve even taken these things apart so looks like they are 550 lumens output, though I wouldn't argue with you but hell they are really bright all right, no doubt about that I mean really bright especially at night during the day they look like standard bulbs but even so they are still bright but it's at night they really shine.

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
V-3 tritons

600lm?

What the hell is powering that thing?

That would be about 55,000mcd with 300* lighting angle.
It is a regulator meaning if the indicators hyper flash it makes the car think there is a standard bulb and it will flash normally, and not hyper flash. 25watt bulb in there or you can add a 30watt bulb they supply them and fit inside the resistor box you see.

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
It is a regulator meaning if the indicators hyper flash it makes the car think there is a standard bulb and it will flash normally, and not hyper flash. 25watt bulb in there or you can add a 30watt bulb they supply them and fit inside the resistor box you see.
I know they have a load resistor to prevent hyper flashing but 600lm is bloody bright, I have see Cree LEDs that go to 47,000MCD.

But never seen a red so bright.

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
V3 tritons installed

OK gang the car passed it's mot test on Thursday so Today Friday 1st February I installed the V-3 Tritons, the indicator and brake cluster was awkward to install fitting everything into such a confined space was never going to be easy, so I had to take the end lock cap off the end of the V-3 fully wind the bulb into the cars lens housing and it just fits had to tinker with those wires also so as not to snag or pull any wires loose but it fits and they are bloody bright the indicator bulb is ridiculously bright the reds are also bright now when I brake and indicate no one will be in doubt when I do either. Here are some photographs of the V3-Leds.

Oh I should point out I was only able to use one 3mm & one 4mm screw this is only on the brake cluster & indicator the other V-Tritons are fitted with just the two 3mm screws, pity 3 or 4 screws wouldn't fit but there you go just hope they do not vibrate loose so will have to keep checking them for a number of weeks to confirm this and if they do shake free I'll just silicone them into position so no big deal, now I'm going to order the front indicators rear reverse & the pesky rear fog light so all my cars signalling and tail lights stop will be V-3 Tritons.

Any questions just ask, fingers are sore I have a sore head as it was freezing out so job is done and it look better than I ever imagined this install took approximately 4 to 5 hrs. No cutting no hammering no swearing which was a good thing considering how annoyed I can get sometimes.

The photograph does not do the V-3 TRITON'S any justice whatsoever as this bulbs are super bright & it is much brighter than the picture shows believe me these are super bright the brightest you will ever need. It made my Piaa extremes look like candle light these things are bright lol. Now when I indicate car drivers behind me actually let me in he he he I can see them stop as the light just draws their attention & the driver behind or to the offside will look he he he.. I went out for a test run tonight and tried that theory every time the driver behind would slow down and let me in just like they would do with the emergency services that is no lie every time i indicated the drivers behind would slow down to deliberately let me in they make that such an impact when signalling.

So am i pleased with these V-3 TRITONS very happy in fact they are better than I could ever have imagined, I watched a you tube video of a guy who stated in his video that he swapped his V-3 Triton indicator bulbs for a set of the white V3 Tritons as it was not bright enough for indicating amber? I dunno what V-3 Tritons he ordered but my V-3 indicator bulbs are blinding they could not be any brighter believe me..

Last snag when I installing one of my indicators it failed to light up so before putting the light bulbs and everything into situ to fix permanently it is good to check thee things before final fix & it lit before hand when testing so why not light up now? So i took it out and it still would not light so I checked this with a stock bulb and it lit so I knew my car was not at fault, anyway after much twiddling I got it to work now all is good so that was my only hiccup during today's install, been very busy so this is for all your boys and girls who are wondering about this setup. Sorry I could not have done more by tutorial if you do need any advice just drop me a line.

Thanks

Attachments

·
As good as it gets!
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Close up of the V-3 V Piaa

More of a close up of the V3 and PIAA
Believe me there is no comparison between the Piaa and the Triton V-3 they smoke the competition without even trying. That photograph does not do the V-3's any justice. As I have them installed across the back of my motor vehicle I can no longer do that comparison, they are expensive fiddly to install awkward and a bit of retrofitting will be involved but after the fruits of your hard efforts you will be rewarded with bright light which is instant on and off the indicators are crazy bright and at night time they really come into their own. Oh be prepared to pay import duty as V leds will not mark your package down in price so 20% vat will apply & £8 Royal Mail admin fees.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts