2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Very nice. Are you running that as well as an fn2?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes Flashy. Running it on a small budget & limited mileage policy. It gets driven once or twice a week to keep it 'warm'.:)

·
Registered
116 Posts
This is my thread(honest Guv). I had to change my screen name, log-in details etc when the site was hacked.

The EP3 needs a fair bit doing to it.... I might break it for spares if it doesn't pass the MOT. 200,000+ miles is a lot for these cars.

·
Registered
116 Posts
This is my thread(honest Guv). I had to change my screen name, log-in details etc when the site was hacked.

The EP3 needs a fair bit doing to it.... I might break it for spares if it doesn't pass the MOT. 200,000+ miles is a lot for these cars.
Last night I had a go at taking the air-filter casing out of the engine bay because some of the bolts have seized solid and snapped off. I couldn't get the bottom half out because of the fresh air pipe that runs to the rear of the radiator wouldn't allow it.

There's a coolant hose directly above it and I don't want to drain all the coolant out just to remove this one hose to get to the fresh air pipe.

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Think I'd rather take a coolant hose out than write it off

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
You should be able just to loosen a jubilee clip that holds the pipe to the lower section of the airbox and leave it in place

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
116 Posts
Last night I had a go at taking the air-filter casing out of the engine bay because some of the bolts have seized solid and snapped off. I couldn't get the bottom half out because of the fresh air pipe that runs to the rear of the radiator wouldn't allow it.

There's a coolant hose directly above it and I don't want to drain all the coolant out just to remove this one hose to get to the fresh air pipe.
Well, it passed the MOT after having some minor repairs to it, plus a new aux belt fitted. Here's to another 12 months of stress free motoring albeit @500 miles per month.

Messing around with the airbox was nothing to do with MOT prep, just me bored and wanting to have a go at taking something apart and putting it back together again.

Mark

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks. The photos are from 2015 - she doesn't look like that now. In fact mud splattered would be more correct. I'll get the bucket out at Christmas.

·
Enjoying life
8,557 Posts
Free donation to me of all good bits :laugh2:

What's it needing?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts