2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is an unashamed bit of nostalgia - I spotted my 06 Civic on the road yesterday, and despite furious waving on my part I received a blank stare back!:rolleyes:

Enjoy it Ma'am,........ and cheer up for Chrissake!!:D

Anyhow, it's an excuse for a gratuitous picture of it on one of my frequent jaunts to the Scottish Highlands last year:-

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
WOW, what great looking nature. I might have to go there some time..

.. and nice looking car too.. :cool:

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
Roamin in the gloamin...

Hi Allan...
Hmm Glencoe is it...? It's pure back to nature up there and a great drive...
Good lookin motor to and I see you've gone for the wood burner now like myself..? :)
All the best with your new Sport...

Al

---------------------------------------------------------------------
06 Civic i-CTDI Sport in Silver

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Typical it was raining lol

·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm Glencoe is it...? It's pure back to nature up there and a great drive...
Not quite - it's a fair bit farther North - on the Road To The Isles, and those mountains are the Kintails - just along the road from my mate's house, hence the frequent journeys.....:D

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I see.. :rolleyes: Looks good all the same, I'll need to give it a drive some time maybe next summer... if we ever get one. :cool:

Al

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi

Great scenery and the mountains in the background aren’t bad either:D What sort of MPG were you getting over what distance:?:

·
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What sort of MPG were you getting over what distance:?:
The total trip was about 1450 miles, with the journey up there (600 miles!) and back to the South Coast done through the night so that I could make fairly 'brisk' progress[smilie=cheeky-grin:.

The computer would lead me to believe the consumption was 43mpg-ish, but I reckon from previous actual measurements that it was actually about 41mpg...... not bad at all considering that a similar recent trip in my 2.2 returned an actual average of 45.7mpg!!

Fuel used in the i-VTEC = Shell V Power.:cool:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Wow, that’s fairly close to the official figures from Honda. I expect there was some spirited driving on the journey which makes the average MPG all the more impressive.[smilie=cheeky-grin: [/FONT]
Interesting to note that the diesel didn’t offer that much over the petrol (assuming the same sort of driving and distance apply in both cases etc. etc).
:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts