2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Errrrrrrr:mad: Im starting to hate the front sport seats all week my backs ok until I drive the CTR and boy my lower backs in pain after 20 minutes of driving!!!!!!i need to find a solution to this….is there any company wat can add lumbar support to the seat? or worse case scenario would be fitting the type s seats in the CTR which wont look to good

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
There not the most comfy seats in the world.Maybe your getting old lol:)

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Errrrrrrr:mad: Im starting to hate the front sport seats all week my backs ok until I drive the CTR and boy my lower backs in pain after 20 minutes of driving!!!!!!i need to find a solution to this….is there any company wat can add lumbar support to the seat? or worse case scenario would be fitting the type s seats in the CTR which wont look to good
With sport seats, anybody will have backache after a few hours - but not 20 minutes. Try to have the back support as vertical as you can live with - it usually helps. If it doesn't help, the problem could be with your back and not with the seat...

·
Civic gone, not forgotten
2,092 Posts
I have a weak back, and the std civic seats are great, I can drive 5 hrs and get there no problems (it also would have taken 6 hrs to do the same drive in any other car!!!)

Unfortunately a swap with me won't work as I have a 5 door (but love the look of CTR seats)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I found the seats in the Type R painful after 30 mins or so. Specifically my lower back.

Whereas in my previous car, a Focus ST, and my current car, Civic Type S, I've had no such issues.

As crap as it'll look, what about buying some form of lumbar support cushion to try for a week?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers for the advice guy's…Ill try out a few different things like a lumbar support cushion etc etc...if that don’t work Iill get my self a new back.;)..i must be getting old....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Maybe visit a chiro 1st, I've had a recurring lower back problem for past 15 years, usually have to visit a chiro 2-3 times a year, never had to go once, since I got my Type R [8 months ago].

All my previous cars have had softer and wider seats [most recently a Golf Mk5 GT and Alfa 156 Lusso], so for me the Type R is a godsend, and long journeys are a breeze.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Cheers for the advice guy's…Ill try out a few different things like a lumbar support cushion etc etc...if that don’t work Iill get my self a new back.;)..i must be getting old....
Had the same problem after moving my seat to let someone in the back, but found out that if I silted the seat one notch back the ache went away?

Hope this helps?:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
My last car was a volvo S60 with sumptius leather seats....shame the car was less inspiring to drive...Anyway, I was worried about the CTR seats as I do suffer from back issues.....but no worries, I have bever had an issue with the lumber support on the CTR. They are def. much beter than any of the other civic options. If I have a complaint it is that at 6'4" and a solid build, the base can be a bit of a squeeze. I just empty my pockets of my wallet and other junk and all is fine.

·
R - 11859
625 Posts
Don't understand why you have bad backs. I have suffered for years and have constant treatment ever other month with a chiropractor and i find the CTR seats to be the best i have ever sat in. :confused:

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm still 100%, in fact I took a 30 min test drive in a 120d M Sport on Sunday and I had a sore back that evening, due to the offset pedals :mad:

For me the Type R seats are second to none of my previous cars, but I can appreciate everyones back can be different

One thing certain to throw my back out is trying to reach the passenger seat belt when it catches on the seat mech, most annoying noise ever !!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
When I get my car in the beginning I've had lower back problems to but it whent over at a few months.
For me I think it was the switch from my older car to this new car.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
Ali, as an aside, if your back is not a major problem have you ever tried yoga?

If your back is a problem then ask your dr if you can try yoga, it will really help as youre stretching the spine and correcting for posture...

Good luck

·
Registered
83 Posts
except Type-R i own a Citroen as well, i used to go on 2hr+ trip with Citroen before Type-R and each time i felt pain on the back and felt tired on the whole body in general.

Now i do the same trips using Type-R and i dont get tired at all. And i mean AT ALL...

propably you need to adjust the seats better in every aspect (distance, height, angle), also consider adjusting the steering wheel as well might be a factor too, eg: you might find a nice potition for your body but wheel is too far for your hands to reach etc.

also dont sit in the middle of the seat, your ass must be as back as possible, that makes better angle and therefore better support for your back, adjust everything by sitting first that way.

i hope it helps.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts