2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HGV driver decided to push my car out of the way with his tractor unit! My car was parked on the car park and he didn't see it when he was reversing,he has accepted full responsibility and my car is at Gordons Honda in Bolton being repaired.Ive got a Skoda Superb 2.0 Tdi as a courtesy car,HUGE big lump of a car!!!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Bloody truckers :p
Looks like you'll be back on your wheels in no time mate. Sorry to hear about the courtesy car. :(

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Skoda is very good...its just not my Civic

·
The Party Organizer!
734 Posts
Sorry to hear that, at least he did the right thing and admitted full responsibility... We have too many "hit and runs" here lately!

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeh he was an honest guy,came in and told the guys at work he had shoved my car about a foot across the car park(i was out in yorkshire in my own wagon at the time)...honda are saying it will cost about £1800 to put right...glad im not paying lol...accidents happen

·
Premium Member
3,304 Posts
Not many people would go and admit something like that, thats 1 up to us LGV drivers.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeh very pleased with the skoda....very refined

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I actually believe HGV drivers who do this should loose their licence... Your car could have easily be a child in a push chair :(
That's an incredibly disproportionate punishment for an accident. The car could have been absolutely anything, why on earth a pushchair would be left unattended is a ridiculous scenario and I'd sooner hold the parent or guardian responsible. A truck moves so slow, especially in reverse that any person would have had both an audible and visible warning that a vehicle was moving. The rest is common sense.

Trucks have massive blind spots and safety developments are slow and expensive to be released. Such incidents happen on a daily basis on some of the contracts I've dealt with. Every single one has been settled amicably with both parties. Never have I received a phone call insisting further action be taken.

Unfortunately accidents happen, but the right result came out of it. If every car driver that had an accident got banned there'd be very few cars on the road. That kerb that was clipped could have been someone's foot, the car door that got knocked could have been a frail old lady...

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I am a senior manager in one of Europes largest logistics companies and hold an O licence.... Daily I deal with the carelessness of our drivers and the attitude of most of them is that of indifference... Harsh punishments I'm afraid is the only way some people learn.

I had one once incident where a driver mounted the kerb whilst on his phone seriously injuring an elderly man... The driver showed no remorse and said the man was at fault for walking to close to the kerb ????

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree johnny,I'm a lgv driver and the things I see car drivers do on a daily basis beggars belief,it was an accident and apparently the truck was going so slowly he didn't feel the weight of my car against his cab.**** happens as they say,I have dents in both my doors from supermarket car parks and no one has ever left a note with there details or an apology note so it's unfair to lambast lgv drivers when in actual fact they are the most highly trained drivers on the roads...rant over :)

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
I work in transport too. CPC holder, but no need for an o licence. I also hold a class 1 licence. There's nothing I like more than watching a crap driver get the boot. In this instance I think the outcome is fair.
I would question why HGVs are allowed to manoeuvre near staff vehicles. Not exactly safe practice. Big in Europe? DHL, or Norberts? ;)

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I drive for Ryders...we get assessed on a regular basis and have our driving analysed on a weekly basis through a system fitted to the cabs

·
Premium Member
6,455 Posts
I work in transport too. CPC holder, but no need for an o licence. I also hold a class 1 licence. There's nothing I like more than watching a crap driver get the boot. In this instance I think the outcome is fair.
I would question why HGVs are allowed to manoeuvre near staff vehicles. Not exactly safe practice. Big in Europe? DHL, or Norberts? ;)
I have the CPC, most don't know what it is tho lol

Norbert... But was originally with Salvesen :)

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Certificate of professional competency CPC :popcorn2:

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
All of the transport world needs to stick together now VOSA is self funding. It'll cost you more for having no tacho paper than it will for defective brakes! All in the name of safety they'd have you believe!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.