2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope you dont mind me posting these pics as there are loads of them and not necessarily in order. This car is my replacement for the type r i traded in. This was my routine, if i for got something its due to the fact i've only had 6hrs sleep in 48hrs after working 2 nightshifts and trying to get the car finished.A brief rundown.
Snowfoamed with autobrites hd lance and magifoam and left to dwell for 10 mins.
Then washed with a mitt and a fairy liquid and apc mix to strip of any dealer protection that was on it.
Detarred using carpro tarx, ironx applied to body and wheels, rinsed after 10 mins and left wet ready for claying, bilt hamber soft with water as the lube. Not a lot of contamination found when using these 3 products.
Wheels cleaned with Biberry 10:1 using EZ wheel brush and others, arches, door shuts, badges etc cleaned with APC 10:1.
Everything pressure washed off and dried with CG wooly mammoth drying towel. All rubbers taped up with 3M 3434.
Swirls removed by Kestrel DA using CG hexlogic polishing pads and Megs 105/205, car had ipa wipedown to remove any polish oils.
Car was then re-washed 2BM with grit guards to remove polish dust and dried down again.
Poorboys white diamond glaze applied with DA using a 3M Blue finishing pad, residue buffed with a plush cobra buffing towel.
My lsp was dodo juice supernatural hybrid, applied using a zaino tri foam pad, left to cure for 15 mins and buffed with towel, another coat required but no more time left. pics, here goes

Some afters

Hope you got through that, oh and the plate is going, i'm waiting on my reg transfer xx

·
FESTOOLIGAN
4,166 Posts
Great job there. You have one of the happiest Megane in UK now and you deserve it

Reactions: wanner69

·
Premium Member
15,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You can get Brembo stickers to reapply to the calipers from eBay
Yellow calipers and black stickers would look amazing Wayne
Cheers chris, yes my original thought was yellow to compliment the interior, I was wondering how the hell I was going to paint the letters, stickers sound good[smilie=coolup.gif]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.