2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having sold my Fn2 last year, I was starting to miss having a comfortable Honda as my daily so I started looking at the S2000.

So went on a little excursion and came home with this. Im very impressed with it and wish I had one of these well before now.

Its pretty quick (has great in gear torque for a Honda imo), handles great and the gearchange is sublime. Im looking forward to some “taps aff” motoring.

Im heading to Le Mans in June, and cant think of a better vehicle for the trip.

Not got much plans for this as I like it how it is. I might look at some form of intake to compliment the exhaust mod.

Here is a few pictures, will be updated once I give the car a clean…(too busy driving it atm)

·
Administrator
18,084 Posts
Nice car, wouldn't mind one of those myself.

Is it a late model? - the front end looks different...

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, the car is a facelift and im sure the front lip, side valance and the rear spoiler are factory extras, seem to make the car stand out a little against others.

·
#darkside
2,237 Posts
Looks great! Some proper tyres on the car I see! ;) A welcome change as most I see run ditch finders and wonder my they end up with the arse end buried in a hedge..

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, its totally different to the fn2 as you can imagine. So far I have only really driven it home, but on the 350 mile trip it was pretty comfortable.

Dosent have the toys the FN2 has but that's not importaint.

Power delivery its in a different league imo, much more powerful and impressive in gear torque.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Love the S2K, great car, great colour.

Might see you at Le Mans, I'm going this year and an S2K is in our convoy.

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Lovely cars, it's a shame that the epic gearbox is tarnished everytime you look down at the gearstick flapping around like a sausage in a dustbin though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
Looks gorgeous mate. Brilliant cars. One of the best mods you can do is get yourself a decat, flashpro, and lower vtec to around 4200. Made such a massive improvement to drivability.
The only downside I guess is that since I've done this fuel consumption has got somewhat worse, as vtec is so bloody addictive :D

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Love the S2K, great car, great colour.

Might see you at Le Mans, I'm going this year and an S2K is in our convoy.
Defiantly, we are going via ferry from Hull. Never know.

Lovely car.
Always liked the S2000.

What was the mileage/price/history etc?
Cheers, its a a pretty good one, plenty of history. I spent a while looking.

Awesome bit a kit :thumbsup:
Cheers Dave.

Very nice :thumbsup:
Thanks

Very nice, takes me back to 2003, enjoy mate you'll love it

Lovely cars, it's a shame that the epic gearbox is tarnished everytime you look down at the gearstick flapping around like a sausage in a dustbin though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha, yes i have noticed that! Glad to hear thats normal then.

Looks gorgeous mate. Brilliant cars. One of the best mods you can do is get yourself a decat, flashpro, and lower vtec to around 4200. Made such a massive improvement to drivability.
The only downside I guess is that since I've done this fuel consumption has got somewhat worse, as vtec is so bloody addictive :D
Could be a possibility, enjoying the car as it is. May look at something like that.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After the 350 mile drive home the car was a little dirty so gave it a wash today. It looks to have been kept in good condition. Over the next few weeks il get a full day on it. Hoping to get the wheels off also and give them a thorough clean.

·
Fuel Save Mode..
2,613 Posts
:cool:

·
A wizard is never late...
793 Posts
that front lip :D

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, the front lip makes the car look a little more aggressive and a little lower, its an OEM one which I think was a package from new along with the spoiler and the things at the side.

Had a long weekend up north with this and it was great, jumped off the A9 (boring speed cameras) and found some lovely B-Roads.

Had the car in at Automek yesterday for a once over and a Geo Scan. Turned out the geo was quite a bit out so that's been sorted, and everything else is good on the car. Credit to previous owner as its been well maintained underneath with some quality parts.

Also had the AD08r removed and replaced with some Potenza's as to keep the AD08r for my summer roadtrip.

This has the "UK Exhaust Mod", and when the roofs down and something for the noise to echo off it sound the NUTS!!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts