2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
Looks awesome , where did you take the pics then? Vtec llight been on yet?

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
There's something about the silver ones that hit the spot with me :)
Tell me about it - I love my Type-S in NHB but I know for a fact if I do ever trade it for an 'R', I'll be getting it in silver. The Type-R just looks so right in silver.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
New car

Looks great in silver,enjoy.:cool:

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Very nice!
Even when wet silver still looks awesome!
Still not sure if red or silver suit's the type R best![smilie=cheeky-grin:

(and your keen, 670miles in 4 days)

·
Nice Guy!
2,360 Posts
There's something about the silver ones that hit the spot with me :)

Looking good Munro - take it you are one happy guy [smilie=cheeky-grin:

The boy is right
The type R looks good in silver ( unlike the other cars in the range
the silver and the clear grill on them just doesn't work)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Superb color.
Nice ride
Silver Type-R in realy look great

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks awesome , where did you take the pics then? Vtec llight been on yet?
I took it up to Glencoe to stretch its legs on some deserted fast roads, the second picture is on Rannoch Moor. The VTEC light on mine is always off - a default setting according to the manual. However the yellow rev lights have been flashing on and off - very useful as it is difficult to look down to the Rev counter when you are concentrating on the road.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I took it up to Glencoe to stretch its legs on some deserted fast roads, the second picture is on Rannoch Moor. The VTEC light on mine is always off - a default setting according to the manual. However the yellow rev lights have been flashing on and off - very useful as it is difficult to look down to the Rev counter when you are concentrating on the road.
Just curious have you tried turning the V-TEC light back on?

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just curious have you tried turning the V-TEC light back on?
I looked it up in the owners manual and found some instructions. I didnt bother putting it back on as I like it as it is. The VTEC light comes on when the VTEC engages, but it is fairly obvious by the sound and acceleration anyway. The Rev lights are far more useful as they tell you when to change gear to prevent over reving.

I might try it out of curiosity one day.

Does your VTEC light work or is it also disengaged ?

·
Bournemouth Belle
900 Posts
Fab car - but then I'm biased having a silver sport with a spoiler - see my avatar. Car came with the spoiler and I think they make the civic look even better!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I looked it up in the owners manual and found some instructions. I didnt bother putting it back on as I like it as it is. The VTEC light comes on when the VTEC engages, but it is fairly obvious by the sound and acceleration anyway. The Rev lights are far more useful as they tell you when to change gear to prevent over reving.

I might try it out of curiosity one day.

Does your VTEC light work or is it also disengaged ?
My VTEC light was engaged when i picked the car up from the dealer.

·
BJJ IS NOT JUST FOR XMAS
4,720 Posts
The noise from the Vtec is truly awesome

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fab car - but then I'm biased having a silver sport with a spoiler - see my avatar. Car came with the spoiler and I think they make the civic look even better!

I like your spoiler and your Accord wheels Lippy. The wheels on the civic type R are also more awkward to clean than the accord type R wheels.

·
Registered
414 Posts
love the silver colour! the MR and NHB CTR's are ten a penny now, only ever seen 1 silver one on the road

1 - 20 of 25 Posts