2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 35 years old, but is it still possible to divorce your parents??? :(:(:(

While enjoying the last few mouthfulls of my Sunday lunch, my Stepmom appears in the lounge in floods of tears... I've just reversed into your car, she blurts!

I was expecting a scratch or a small dint, but flippin eck she must have been giving it some because the upper part of the front bumber is pierced, the lights and grill are out of line and the front wheel arch was hanging off!!!

This in itself is bad enough, but consider...

- Their driveway is huge, space for at least 4 or 5 cars
- She drives a 9th gen EX GT with...get this...parking sensors AND a reversing camera!!!
- I'd cleaned, polished and waxed the sodding thing this morning!

Anyone who knows me on the Forum knows how fussy I am and how much I love the CTR. She's escaped unscathed from other plonkers on the road for two and a half years, so I guess you could say my time had come...

On the plus side:

- It will all be put right through insurance and a no fault claim
- It could have happened in a car park with a stranger who could then have just driven off
- Nobody was hurt
- She is more sorry than sorry can be

I have to say, and Mrs Olas will testify, I kept very calm and avoided a familty fallout. This will stay off Facebook and the like where she might get to read comments or feel upset.

But Civinfo is my domain so can I just say....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What the flip were you flippin thinking you bloomin useless driver idiot plonker....!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Ahhhh that's better.

Right, time for a stiff drink! And then it's onto the insurance peeps first thing tomorrow.

Cheers

Nick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
I'm 35 years old, but is it still possible to divorce your parents??? :(:(:(

While enjoying the last few mouthfulls of my Sunday lunch, my Stepmom appears in the lounge in floods of tears... I've just reversed into your car, she blurts!

I was expecting a scratch or a small dint, but flippin eck she must have been giving it some because the upper part of the front bumber is pierced, the lights and grill are out of line and the front wheel arch was hanging off!!!

This in itself is bad enough, but consider...

- Their driveway is huge, space for at least 4 or 5 cars
- She drives a 9th gen EX GT with...get this...parking sensors AND a reversing camera!!!
- I'd cleaned, polished and waxed the sodding thing this morning!

Anyone who knows me on the Forum knows how fussy I am and how much I love the CTR. She's escaped unscathed from other plonkers on the road for two and a half years, so I guess you could say my time had come...

On the plus side:

- It will all be put right through insurance and a no fault claim
- It could have happened in a car park with a stranger who could then have just driven off
- Nobody was hurt
- She is more sorry than sorry can be

I have to say, and Mrs Olas will testify, I kept very calm and avoided a familty fallout. This will stay off Facebook and the like where she might get to read comments or feel upset.

But Civinfo is my domain so can I just say....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

What the flip were you flippin thinking you bloomin useless driver idiot plonker....!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Ahhhh that's better.

Right, time for a stiff drink! And then it's onto the insurance peeps first thing tomorrow.

Cheers

Nick

Gutted for you mate. I'd be the same as you but i wouldn't be able to forgive and would make them pay for the damages!!

Hope you get it sorted with no bother

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Great start to ** bank hol I am sorry hard luck. Is that bath sealant I see on clear fog protectors?

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great start to ** bank hol I am sorry hard luck. Is that bath sealant I see on clear fog protectors?
My thoughts exactly!

No protectors on the foggies by the way mate, must just be the angle on the camera

Cheers

Nick

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New bumper £300 ish ready painted less labour..or DIY
Would have done until we noticed the light cluster and the grill had moved. There is a small crease on the top of the wing where the light has gone back under it, so not taking any chances with DIY.

Besides, her 9th gen will probably need a whole new rear bumper, so when you add that cost in too DIY becomes mighty expensive....

Cheers

Nick

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Would be my route if she's paying, i'd rather do that than involve the insurance company.
Like I say, would have done but with other bits moving (lights, grill) I'm not going to risk it....

·
Living the dream!
8,539 Posts
New bumper £300 ish ready painted less labour..or DIY
If the you dont need the spliter the front bumper is around £150 and will guess once you remove this you will only need a few clips to line everything else back up and clip into place, my thought are its not worth an insurance claim as will surly look at lot worse than it is.

Anyone who has ever removed a bumper on a civc will agree on this for sure and just checked the pictures again and imo if you fit the bumper yourself this will cost less than £200 and will be stone chip free

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Insurance will go up for both of you unfortunately. Rubbish to get hit :(
All too aware of that after my wife was involved in a no-fault claim 18 months ago.... It's crazy they penalise you for something you have zero control over, but that's a rant for another day I guess.....

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If the you dont need the spliter the front bumper is around £150 and will guess once you remove this you will only need a few clips to line everything else back up and clip into place, my thought are its not worth an insurance claim as will surly look at lot worse than it is.

Anyone who has ever removed a bumper on a civc will agree on this for sure and just checked the pictures again and imo if you fit the bumper yourself this will cost less than £200 and will be stone chip free
Appreciate your input mate, but pix don't show the dent on my wing where the light cluster was pushed back underneath it. That's beyond DIY, at least for me it is, I'm afraid....

Cheers

Nick

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
All too aware of that after my wife was involved in a no-fault claim 18 months ago.... It's crazy they penalise you for something you have zero control over, but that's a rant for another day I guess.....
I got rear ended in my previous car two years ago. Got another 3 years before it shouldn't affect it anymore. Will get a CTR before then though!

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got rear ended in my previous car two years ago. Got another 3 years before it shouldn't affect it anymore. Will get a CTR before then though!
I was told three years for the wife's - but that was only a bump to the rear by a van which needed new bumper and boot lid. Who knows, perhaps the severity of the damage / cost of repairs plays a part...?? Or different insurers have different rules!

On a happier note, hell yes get yourself in the CTR club asap. It's a fantastic place to be (when people aren't bumping into you....now come on...let it go!!!).

Cheers

Nick

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
I was told three years for the wife's - but that was only a bump to the rear by a van which needed new bumper and boot lid. Who knows, perhaps the severity of the damage / cost of repairs plays a part...?? Or different insurers have different rules!

On a happier note, hell yes get yourself in the CTR club asap. It's a fantastic place to be (when people aren't bumping into you....now come on...let it go!!!).

Cheers

Nick
Mine is probably less than 5 years, just notice on compare sites that they like to know 5 years of history. Good some ignore it after 3, not long to go. I'm waiting to see what the new CTR offers before changing over.

At least your damage does not sound like it is structural. Should be fairly straight forward for the garage. My rear end smash took out the bumper, left light and bent the lower left corner of the quarter panel. Only £300 worth of damage.

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ouch, sounds like a nasty one. No, I can't believe there will be anything structural from today's little episode...

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh terrific.... Didn't some selfish somethingorother go and scratch my car with a trolley today at the supermarket?!?!

Was even parked in an extra wide parent space as we had the little one with us. I mean seriously how the heck do people manage it?!!!?

Two year old in the back or not, I swore.....loudly.....

Out with the Scratch X and pray it's not too deep.

They say these things come in threes so presumably tomorrow that means my car is being written off or stolen...

I'm off to sulk

Cheers

Nick

1 - 20 of 34 Posts