2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

My Type S GT

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  marcinwednesbury 
#1 ·
Evening all, not really done a mod thread so to speak, just a few bits and bobs here and there to show what I've done. Figured I'd merge them into one post so I can see progress etc...

Had it since January, absolutely loved every minute of driving it, such a machine!!!

When I bought it....

How it currently stands...

Quite happy with what has been done so far, mods below...

New Type S Badges...

New Bulbs all round...

Steering wheel knitting dyed blue, Wind Deflectors added, Gearknob changed, Gear Gaitor added...

Smoked front grille (now changed)

Rear lights tinted...

Dash wrapped in Carbon Fibre...

Dash de-smoked, took apart and sprayed. H badge now blue and chrome...

On the hunt for a new set of alloys, lowering springs and a double din unit, think I'll be more than happy then.

Opinions/suggestions very welcome :)

See less See more
Reactions: Farqui
#4 ·
Thanks pal :)

Done a bit more since I last posted. Alloys have been bought and fitted, centre caps bought and fitted and am currently on with dyeing the trims back to black!

Gonna have to take a step back from spending soon - house move forces me to do so, however if I can come across some Type R rear springs then I'll be getting them done. Talking to another member on here and he says a 30mm drop ruins the drive a little bit - so knowing that the R Springs lower it by 15mm I'd be happy to go for that just to close the gap a bit at the back end.

Desperately need to get my tints sorted out, bit of a DIY job has been done and the 1 bubble in the drivers rear window bugs me every time I see it.

Wanting to get a few bits and bobs hydrodipped as they're looking a bit worn and could do with refreshing.

Attached a picture that shows how she was when I bought her and how she is looking now. I'm quite happy with what has been done up to now :)

Attachments

Reactions: D 1 and Farqui
#6 ·
Gonna have to take a step back from spending soon - house move forces me to do so, however if I can come across some Type R rear springs then I'll be getting them done. Talking to another member on here and he says a 30mm drop ruins the drive a little bit - so knowing that the R Springs lower it by 15mm I'd be happy to go for that just to close the gap a bit at the back .
Something like these? :wink3:

Attachments

#5 ·
Awesome, Like the wheels. I'd recommend Wicked Coatings, that's where I had my parts dipped. Had about 11 different parts done and it came to just over £100.

I wanted to get my windows tinted too but the fact that the perspex half can't be done might look a bit weird.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

#7 ·
There's a local place to me that I was going to try and see what it would cost for mine. Think I'd have about 8 parts I'd want dipping. What colour/pattern did you go for??

#16 ·
Cheers bud, does make a difference on the original perspex one, going to be changing to a Sports grille at some point - prefer the look of them :)

#17 ·
Weather been decent recently, gave a good clean and took for a spin up round Rivington :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.