2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like cars for October delivery (in mainland Europe at least) might be arriving earlier than expected.

I ordered my Civic way back on 1st April and was told it would be delivered during the first/second week of October.

Just spoke to my dealer here in Hungary and he's told me that my Civic is currently in Belgium and should be here (all being well) by next Monday!

Needless to say, after living on a diet of Civic brochures, reviews and photos for the last 6 months, I'm rather chuffed!!

Not sure if it will be a 2006 or 2007 model, that's the only downside. But I'll be looking for the foam padding under the front lights, checking for scratches on the dashboard and trying the fuel filler cap to see if it releases okay (not to mention going through the rest of new car checklist).

Also just want to thank everyone at CivInfo for keeping me sane through the entire process. And I'm looking forward to contributing from next week on as a fully-fledged Civic owner!!

·
..with Superchips please!
336 Posts
That's going to be a l-o-n-g few days jayt43!:)

Hope everything goes OK for you, and - ENJOY!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I bet you can't wait.

You will love it, make sure you check it over before you go out for a four hour drive in your new car.

You know you will

·
Registered
147 Posts
It is indeed very good news.
Your post inspired me to contact my dealer in Belgium and it turned out that my car is already somewhere in Belgium. The problem is now that he does not know when it is going to be delivered to his location. There is a logistic problem there because they ship cars to a final destination on a truck. If there is a free space on the truck, my Civic will be shipped to the dealer on September 25th. If not, I will have to wait two more weeks. What a pain. I have waited already 29 weeks but these few days left will be the most difficult for me.

·
Premium Member
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems the same with me 4gotten. With any luck, I shall get it on the 25th. I wonder how many other people in mainland Europe are getting their's delivered next week too?

Obviously I shall keep my fingers crossed that you get yours next week!!Two more weeks would drive me mad!

And thanks to everyone else for their kind words of encouragement. Having just read Maldax's first post once he'd picked his up, I'm getting even more excited now!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
My car will be delivered to the dealer this week. Wow ! But car documents will be sent separately and will reach dealer aproximately two days later. As I am going on leave to Poland this Wednesday there is no chance that I can collect my Civic this week. At least my neverending waiting is almost over ( it was 30 week waiting). Now I am tired and no excited anymore. I hope car is worth waiting however I have some concerns especially regarding quality. I did not expect anything what I read in "faults, bugs and irritations" when I ordered a car of a renowned car manufacturer.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Don't worry, be happy

HI 4gotten , don't worry too much about it.

Honestly, husband's car which he collected roughly end of July early aug has no problem ( touch wood ). Apart from probably having to adjust the mic (which he hasn't) there's really nothing to complain...

The car is great. When the engine revs, it's purr ( music to my ears :D )

At the end of the day, collecting the car is something you should look forward too (after 30 weeks of wait ). I am sure the rest of the guys and gals would reassure you that it's worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
7,762 Posts
Absolutely, definately :D

Don't forget, any car forum will have a list of 'bugs and faults', and it will be full of tales of woe :(

Which is a real downer for those that experience them :(

BUT - whilst people are moved to report that 'XXXXX went wrong today! :mad: ), vitually no one will bother to post up a thread saying '3000 miles and everything is still ok!' :wink:

·
Big Civic fan
207 Posts
I hope car is worth waiting however I have some concerns especially regarding quality. I did not expect anything what I read in "faults, bugs and irritations" when I ordered a car of a renowned car manufacturer.
WHat you should realise is that when you go into the section of "faults, bugs and irritations", you will find all sorts that go wrong, and although i expect they happen to a few people, otehr people then go and check that fault on their car, and only then realise there is a problem with their car!

Also, people will mention everything thats wrong with their car in there.If there were a section called "Strong points, good comparisons to other cars and things you love about the car", i bet there would be **** loads more posts in there!

One way i think of it is, if you do something wrong at work, you get moaned at, but if you do good work, do you hear anything??? Its a bit like that.

Sorry for the long post :( will go and rest now

Added: Didn't see your post there TTDegs, so ....... WHAT HE SAID :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts